Self Help and Resource Exchange, a nonprofit, private organization that builds and strengthens community through volunteer service, will have its monthly food distribution Dec. 16 at all sites.
Registration and payment for the January distribution can be done at that time or at the additional times and dates provided. Unless noted, the additional sign-up location is the same as the distribution site.
Call the facility closest to you for special packages.
* Beverly Hills: Distribution 10 to 11 a.m. at Our Lady of Grace Parish Life Center, 6 Roosevelt Blvd. Call Anna, 527-2381; Jo, 563-5848; or Peggy, 746-7942.
* Citrus Springs: Distribution 10 to 11 a.m. at North Oak Baptist Church, 9324 N Elkcam Blvd. Additional sign-ups 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays through Jan. 12. Call the church office at 746-1500 or 489-1688.
* Crystal River: Distribution 10 to 11 a.m. at Abundant Life Christian Fellowship, 4515 N Tallahassee Road. Call 795-5433.
* Crystal River: Distribution 10 to 11 a.m. at Crystal River United Methodist Church, 4801 N Citrus Ave. Call Betty, 563-2227, or Marg, 795-4193.
* Hernando: Distribution 8 to 10 a.m. at New Beginnings Fellowship, 2577 N Florida Ave. Additional sign-ups 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 9 at new distribution/signup location, Hernando Civic Club, 3848 E Parsons Point Road. Call Roberta, 860-0831; Margaret, 465-7203; or Terry, 726-9981.
* Homosassa: Distribution 10 to 11 a.m. at First United Methodist Church, 8831 W Bradshaw St. Additional sign-ups 10 to 11 a.m. Jan. 10 and Jan. 13. Call 382-1034 or 628-9942.
SHARE offers savings on food and medicines. There are no income requirements.
One SHARE unit costs $18 in cash or, at some sites, food stamps, paid at the time of the order, plus two hours of volunteer community service.
This service can be any type of unpaid assistance given to neighbors, organizations, et cetera. It may also be done at the SHARE site.
The regular food unit usually consists of 12 to 14 items such as top quality frozen meat, some type of grain, fresh fruits and vegetables and more.
Items vary each period. Specialty packages also can be purchased.
Bring your own box, bag or suitable food container.
Because of market conditions, food packages may be subject to last-minute changes.