The Hernando County Commission is accepting applications from individuals to serve on the Hernando County Law Library Committee. There are two vacancies on the committee.
The purpose of the Law Library Committee is to maintain and operate the Law Library, which is in the Hernando County Courthouse. By maintaining the library, the committee ensures that attorneys and pro se litigants have equal access to current legal information.
Applicants must be active members in good standing of the Florida Bar Association, as well as residents and registered voters of Hernando County.
Application forms are available in the County Administrator's Office, 20 N Main St., Brooksville, and must be returned before 5 p.m. Aug. 20. All positions are voluntary and unpaid. For information, call 754-4002.
BIKE-PEDESTRIAN PANEL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
The Metropolitan Planning Organization's Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Planning Department conference room, Room 261, Hernando County Government Center, 20 N Main St.
The committee provides a continuing forum to analyze and promote bicycle and pedestrian issues and projects. For information, call Steve Diez at 754-4057, ext. 28013.
New hours, sites for Veteran Service Office
Hernando County Veteran Service Office has announced the new service locations and hours:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays at Career Central, 7631 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. Call 666-5700.
- 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the third and fourth Mondays of each month, Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville. Call 754-4043.
- 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursdays of each month, East Hernando Branch Library, 6457 Windmere Road, Ridge Manor West. Call 754-4443.
- 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. the third and fourth Wednesdays of each month, West Hernando/Staffordene T. Foggia Branch Library, 6335 Blackbird Ave., Spring Hill. Call 540-6391.
- Noon to 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call 754-6374.
For information, call the Veteran Service Office at 754-4033.