Advertisement

Our coronavirus coverage is free for the first 24 hours. Find the latest information at tampabay.com/coronavirus. Please consider subscribing or donating.

  1. Archive

9-MONTH-OLD BURNED BY GRITS

A baby received second-degree burns after placing his hand into a bowl of grits, and then touching his face, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office.

According to a Sheriff's Office report, Summer Oliver microwaved grits about 10 a.m. Saturday at Snooper's Paradise Flea Market, 8028 New York Ave.

When she put the bowl down, her 9-month-old son Daniel Oliver plunged his hand into the bowl, then pulled it out and touched his face.

His mother drove the baby to Fire Station 10. Daniel was airlifted from the station to Tampa General Hospital.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement