Here are the results from a Times online poll.
What should the Lightning do with goalie Marc Denis?
Trade him: 50 percent
Allow him to compete for a job: 41 percent
Buy out his contract: 8 percent
Times poll, part II
Here are the results from another Times online poll:
What should the Rays do at the trade deadline?
Trade to fill holes, such as the bullpen: 64 percent
Acquire organizational depth (prospects): 22 percent
Stand pat: 14 percent
This week's poll
Vote in this week's poll. The question:
Did the Bucs make the right decision by releasing defensive end Simeon Rice?
To vote, go to tampabay.com.
Who's hot this week in the world of sports:
1. Tom Glavine, above. Mets' crafty lefty moves to within one victory of 300.
2. Jon Lester. In best baseball story of the summer, former cancer patient makes it back to the majors.
3. Gaines Adams. Apparently it pays to be really big and really fast and have an appetite for quarterbacks.
4. Seminole Little League. Playing for the state title and, down the road, a possible trip to Williamsport. Good luck, fellas.
5. Fossil Park 10-year-olds. Another youth baseball team that does us proud by finishing runner-up in the Dizzy Dean World Series.
6. Hank Aaron. Barry Bonds' home run chase reminds us just how good and how classy Hammerin' Hank was.
7. Padraig Harrington. Irish golfer came this close to being the next Jean Van de Velde. Instead, he's the British Open champ.
8. Doug Janik. Lightning defenseman wises up and signs two-way contract because this guy likely will be a Bolts regular.
9. Fausto Carmona. Indians pitcher outduels Boston's Josh Beckett and moves to a bet-you-didn't-realize 13-4 on the season.
10. Manny Ramirez. Manny being Manny by hitting third-longest tater in Jacobs' Field history.
Who's not hot this week in the world of sports:
1. Simeon Rice. Whether it was a bum shoulder or a fat contract, the Bucs gave him a cold shoulder.
2. Michael Vick. I don't know that this week was worse than last week but can't help but automatically put him on this list.
3. Devil Rays. Scary thing is this team could end up being the worst in team history. Think about that.
4. NBA. So is this cheatin' ref the reason my Celtics have been so bad the past couple of years?
5. Chase Utley. Phillies star suffers broken hand. Dang it, I love Chase Utley.
6. Tour de France. Oh, big surprise, leader booted out of the race for lying about missing drug tests. This race needs to be blown up.
7. The Staal Brothers. Hockey-playing brothers Eric and Jordan booze it up and get loud enough for the cops to be called. And, oh yeah, Jordan is not old enough to drink.
8. Sergio Garcia. How do you say "best player to have never won a major'' in Spanish?
9. "Winky" Wright. The St. Pete boxer might want to scrap any further plans to fight at 170. And, he might want to skip guys who butt heads, too.
10. Barry Bonds/Gary Sheffield. Accused by chemist to have taken performance-enhancing drugs. Wow, this news comes out of nowhere!