Florida Fastbreak is holding registration for its Hoopstars Fest camp for boys and girls ages 5-18. Registration is at the Sports Authority at 9560 U.S. 19 in N. Port Richey Aug. 10 and 13 from 5-9 p.m. and Aug. 11 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The cost is $55. For more information call (727) 845-3482 or visit floridafastbreak.com.
Gulf High School will host volleyball tryouts for girls entering grades 9-12 this fall will run from 9 to 11 a.m. Aug. 6-10 at the school. All girls need physical and participation forms. For information, call Shari Schau at 774-3300.
- Hudson High will hold a camp Aug. 3-4 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. for players in grades 4-10. The cost is $50 and includes lunch. For more information, call Linda McQuade at (727) 774-4238.
Registration for the 2007 CPUSA recreational soccer season will be held Aug. 5 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Aug. 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Land O'Lakes Recreational Center in the gym. There are several leagues based on age.
- CPUSA will host a class for anyone interested in becoming soccer referees. You must be at least 13 years old and able to run unhindered up to 40 yards. Previous experience is helpful, but not required. The class begins Aug. 11 and will be held over two weekends. Registration closes Aug. 4 and space is limited. For details, contact Neil Frandsen at email@example.com or call (813) 469-6839.
Mitchell football players must report to the school's field house Aug. 3 between 9 a.m.-noon or 5-7 p.m. Bring all paperwork and the $60 participation fee. Coaches will handout lockers, helmets, T-shirts and shorts. Varsity practice begins Aug. 6 at 8 a.m. JV practice begins Aug. 13 at 2 p.m. For more information contact coach Scott Schmitz at (813) 749-8558.
- Sunlake will host parent night Aug. 2 at 6:30 p.m. at the high school to collect athletic participation forms, physicals and the athletic fee. All parents are welcome to attend. Practice starts Aug. 6.
- Zephyrhills will host a meeting for parents today in the high school cafeteria. Important forms and information will be collected and discussed. Contact coach Tom Fisher at (813) 794-6100.
- Pasco High will host a meeting for all prospective players at 6:30 p.m. today in the cafeteria. Athletic participation forms will be distributed and athletic fees can be paid at the meeting. Parents are encouraged to attend. A Nike bus will be on site selling cleats and other gear at a discounted price. Contact coach Tom McHugh at (352) 524-5530.
Lane Glo North will host a Single Scratch Shootout at 10 a.m. Aug. 5. There is a shot at a $1,000 prize and the top five bowlers will advance to the shootout. Entry fee is $45.
West Pasco Little League is holding final fall ball registrations for baseball and softball Aug. 13-14 from 6-8 p.m. at 6220 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey at the Pine Hill Complex (two blocks west of Congress St.). Registration is for the fall ball season, which runs from mid-September through mid-November. This season is strictly instructional and all players will play. The cost is $45 for the first child and $25 for each additional family member. For information visit www.wpll.info or call Dianne at (727)868-3091.
The New Port Richey Pool is offering springboard lessons through the summer. The classes will be taught by Shelby Justus, an experienced gymnast and competitive diver. Beginner classes are Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and advanced classes Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Class size is limited. For more information, call (727) 841-4560.
E-mail upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.