Hard Rock Casino day trips: The CARES Elfers Senior Center Travel Department is offering two trips to the Hard Rock Casino: Aug. 21 and Aug. 29. The Elfers bus will leave the center, located at 4136 Barker Drive, New Port Richey, at 9 a.m. both days. The cost for each trip is $15, which includes a $20 free gambling voucher and a $5 free lunch voucher. For information or to register call (727) 848-3387.
Moose Lodge 1429 Events: Located at 1936 Abacus Road, Holiday. Call (727) 937-9030.
- All-you-can-eat dinners, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31. Ticket: $6.95.
- '50s sock hop and dinner, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Music by Twist With Dino. Reservation required. Tickets: $5 in advance, $8 at the door.
- Chinese night and dinner, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 11. Ticket: $5. Karaoke 7 to 11 p.m.
- Italian Night dinner dance, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 18. Ticket: $5.
- Appreciation Night dinner dance, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 25. Free ham and beans.
- Sheila's country music lessons, 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesdays.
CARES sponsors government food program: CARES is sponsoring the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Child and Adult Care Food Program through two adult day care centers, the Crescent Adult Day Care Center in Dade City and the Claude Pepper Adult Day Care Center in New Port Richey. Enrolled participants may be eligible for free or reduced meals under this program. Eligibility is based on household size and income. Applications for the free or reduced price meals are available at the centers. For information, contact the centers: Crescent Adult Day Care Center at (352) 518-9300; and Claude Pepper Adult Day Care Center at (727) 844-3077.
Send all West Happening events to Lucille Lazich, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668, fax (727) 869-6233 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.