Feb 15: Progress Reports are distributed.
Feb. 18: Presidents Day. No school for students and teachers.
Chasco Elementary: Advisory Council meeting, 4 p.m. Monday.
Cotee River Elementary: Book Fair Family Night, 4-6:45 p.m. Thursday.
Deer Park Elementary: Valentine's Dance, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday. Food will be served in the school cafeteria, and there will be dancing in the bus loop. The cost is $5 per family.
Gulfside Elementary: All Pro Dads Dance, 6 p.m. Feb. 13.
Sunray Elementary: All Pro Dads Father/Daughter Dance, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 15.
- Cotee River Elementary Winter Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3024.
- Mystery Chocolate activity, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary ages.
- Got Chocolate Festival, 7 p.m. Tuesday. For teens.
Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. (727) 861-3040; TTY (727) 861-3024.
- Family Night, 6 p.m. today.
- WhoDunnit? The Disappearance of Angela Day, 7 p.m. Thursday. For teen and adults. Registration requested.
- Japanese Exposure Expo, 6 p.m. Friday. For teens.
- Trading Card Tournament, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary ages.
- Ambiguous Adolescents book discussion, 5 p.m. Tuesday. For teens.
New Port Richey Public Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. (727) 853-1265.
- Garage Jams for teens, 5 p.m. today.
- Tween Central, 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Games and activities for kids ages 9-12.
- Book signing with author D'Maria Scaglione, 11 to 2 p.m. Saturday.
South Holiday Branch, 4649 Mile Stretch Road. (727) 834-3331.
- Family story time and Valentine Crafts, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. For all ages.
- Hudson High JROTC annual Military Ball will be 6:30 to 11 p.m. March 1 at the Timber Greens Country Club in New Port Richey. All graduated cadets from previous years are invited to attend. For information or reservations, call (727) 774-4254.
- Hudson High School seeks to tap the talent of alumni, parents, community members and business partners. The school is forming an organization called "Family and Friends of Hudson High" to enhance educational opportunities and broaden the ties between community and school. Volunteers are needed to help judge senior projects, mentor students, serve on the school's Advisory Council and help give students real-world knowledge by participating in the Great American Teach-In and Reality Store events. A "Founders Year 2008" association also is being started. Membership fees for that are $25 for individuals, $50 per family and $125 for business partners. Call Ruth Lott at (727) 774-4200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news in writing to Michele Miller by fax at (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com; or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668.