Centennial Middle: "Have a Heart" Valentine's Dance, 3 to 4:45 p.m. Friday. The Odyssey of the Mind teams seek donations of large cardboard boxes, old white or very light sheets, paint, old tricycles and 15th century-looking costumes. These items can be dropped off at the front desk. The teams need two volunteers to be judges. For information or to help out, call Mrs. Rowicki at (352) 524-9700.
Double Branch Elementary: The "Embracing Our Differences" international potluck dinner and PTA general assembly, 7 p.m. Feb. 22. Families are encouraged to bring a covered dish. For information, call PTA president Judith Johnson at (813) 579-7640 or go to www.doublebranchpta.org.
John Long Middle: Valentine's dance, 3 to 5 p.m. Friday. PTSA general meeting and workshops, Feb. 21.
Pasco Middle: Valentine's Day dance, 1 p.m. Thursday.
Pine View Middle: Yearbooks are on sale for $30. Call (813) 794-4800.
Sand Pine Elementary: Science Fair Make it and Take it night, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. today.
-East Pasco Adventists Academy presents Annie Jr. at 8 p.m. Feb. 23, and 3:30 and 6 p.m. Feb. 24 at the school, 38434 Centennial Road, Dade City. Tickets are $7 for adults, $6 for seniors (over 60) and $4 for children under 12. Purchase tickets at the Dade City Chamber of Commerce, Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce, East Pasco Adventist Academy and might be available at the door if space allows. Call Liz Helms at (813) 783-2139 or Bobbie Griffin at (352) 424-4318.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, Wells Road. (813) 794-8772.
- WCHS Band Joint Concert with the Phoenix High School band from Syracuse, N.Y., 3 p.m. Saturday.
- Eckerd Theatre presents Battledrum at 10:30 a.m. and noon March 26. For grades 6-8. Tickets are $4.
- Fantasy Factory Theatre presents "Comedy With a Twist of Lemon" at 10:30 a.m. and noon March 27. For grades 3-5. Tickets are $4.
- Denham Oaks Elementary, 1422 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz, will host Active Parenting Classes from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 20, Feb. 27 and March 5. This class will provide parents with the skills to develop communication, responsibility and respect with their children. For information and to reserve a spot, call Allison Bicknell at (813) 794-1600.
- The Pasco Education Foundation Inc. Third Annual Cinderella Ball is 7 p.m. to midnight Saturday at Heritage Springs Country Club in Trinity. State Sen. Mike Fasano will be master of ceremonies for this year's black-tie optional dinner and gala ball.
Proceeds will benefit the many programs of the Pasco Education Foundation, including student and employee scholarships, creative classroom teaching grants, curriculum program events, and recognition events honoring Pasco's students and employees.
Tickets and sponsorship opportunities are available by calling (813) 794-2705. For information about sponsorships and tickets, go to http://www.pascoeducationfoundation.org/Assets/PDFs/Cinderella%20Ball_08.pdf.
- Pasco County School Choice/Open Enrollment applications are available at schools throughout the county. The deadline to apply is March 1. For information or to apply online, go to http://studentservices.pasco.k12.fl.us/pages/sch_choice_reg.html.
- FCAT Writing for grades 4, 8 and 10 through Friday.
- Progress reports are distributed Friday.
- Monday is Presidents Day. No school for students and teachers.
Land O'Lakes Branch, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. (813) 929-1214.
- Homework Help Center, 3 to 8 p.m. each Tuesday and Wednesday. For elementary ages.
- Un-Valentine Party, 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. For teens.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news in writing to Michele Miller by fax at (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com; or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668.