Emmanuel Community Church, 1150 County Road 1, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 789-1800 or visit www.emmanuelpalmharbor.org.
- Sunday worship service 10:30 a.m.
North Dunedin Baptist Church, 1595 Michigan Blvd. Call (727) 734-3811 or visit www.myndbc.com.
-Sunday first worship at 9 a.m., traditional service at 11 a.m.
Skycrest Baptist Church, 125 N Belcher Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 791-7107 or visit www.skycrestfamily.org.
- Marriage enrichment seminar 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 29 and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 1. Led by Thomas Waterhouse, a psychologist and mental health counselor. Tickets are $10 a person. Bag lunch provided on Saturday.
Parbawatiya Buddhist Center, 201 Sixth Ave. S, Safety Harbor. Call (727) 797-9770 or visit www.meditationinflorida.org.
- A Meditation Day course 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday with resident teacher Kadam Lucy James. No previous experience necessary. Donation of $35 ($20 students and limited income) includes vegetarian lunch.
- Children's meditation classes 10 to 11:30 a.m. Sundays.
Holy Spirit Ecumenical Catholic Church, 1140 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Clearwater. Call (727) 709-1542 or visit www.holyspiritecc.org.
-Mass at 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
- "Soup and Bread Evenings" during Lent on Fridays through March 14 in the parish hall. A meatless soup and whole grain bread served at 6:30 p.m., followed at 7 p.m. by an hour of prayer and song in the chapel.
First Church of Christ, Scientist, 46 W Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Tarpon Springs. Call (727) 937-8379 or visit www.christianscienceintarponsprings.org.
- Sunday services at 11 a.m.
- Wednesday testimony meetings at 6:30 p.m.
Chapel-By-The-Sea, 54 Bay Esplanade, Clearwater Beach. Call (727) 446-0430 or visit www.chapelbythesea.net.
-The Rev. Herbert Freitag, senior pastor, will teach a series on Jesus' parables and what they may have meant in relation to the social and political realities of the time. Begins at 9 a.m. Sunday and continues Feb. 24, March 2 and 9. Call the church to reserve a seat
-Worship service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
Church of the Good Shepherd, 639 Edgewater Drive, Dunedin. Call (727) 733-4125 or visit www.churchgoodshepherd.org.
- Sunday services: 8 a.m. Holy Communion (Rite I), 10 a.m. Holy Communion (Rite II) family service with choir, followed by light lunch.
- Eucharist and healing at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
- Stations of the Cross with Sharon Fakkema at 5:30 p.m. each Friday during Lent in the church nave.
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 3200 McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 796-5514.
- Worship services at 8 and 10 a.m. Sundays.
- Breakfast at 9 a.m. Sundays. Visitors and children age 2 and younger eat free.
- Healing Eucharist 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
St. Alfred's Episcopal Church (Anglican), 1601 Curlew Road, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 785-1601 or visit www.stalfred.org.
- Saturday worship 5 p.m. Holy Eucharist (Rite I).
- Sunday worship: 8 a.m. Holy Eucharist (Rite I); 10 a.m. Holy Eucharist (Rite II).
St. John's Episcopal Church, 1676 S Belcher Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-6020 or visit www.stjohnsclearwater.org.
- Wednesdays: noon Holy Eucharist and healing.
- Saturdays: 5 p.m. Holy Eucharist.
- Sundays: 8 and 10 a.m. Holy Eucharist.
Congregation Beth Shalom, 1325 S Belcher Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-1418 or visit www.mycbsfamily.org.
- Kabbalat Shabbat services with Rabbi David Weizman at 6:30 p.m. Fridays.
- Shabbat services at 9 a.m. Saturdays.
Congregation B'nai Emmunah, 3374 Keystone Road, Tarpon springs. Call (727) 938-9000 or visit www.bnaiemmunah.org.
- Basic Hebrew reading 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays with Rabbi Stephen Moch.
- The Book of Genesis 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. Tuesdays with Rabbi Moch.
- Kabbalat Shabbat services 8 p.m. Fridays.
- Shabbat morning services second Saturday of the month beginning at 9:30 a.m. with Torah study.
Temple Ahavat Shalom, 1575 Curlew Road, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 785-8811 or visit www.ahavatshalom.org.
-Mitzvah Day 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 24.
- Words of Song: Cantor Deborah Jacobson leads a one-hour class the first Thursday of the month through May in psalms, prayer and the impact of music on prayer.
-Sabbath eve services 7:30 p.m. Fridays.
- Introduction to Judaism with Rabbi Klein at 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
Temple B'nai Israel, 1685 S Belcher Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-5829 or visit www.tbiclearwater.org.
-Torah Study with Rabbi Arthur Baseman 7:30 p.m. Mondays.
- Conversational Hebrew with Cal Simon at 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays.
-Shabbat service 8 p.m. Fridays led by Rabbi Arthur Baseman with cantorial intern Jennifer Duretz.
-Shabbat morning service 10:30 a.m. Saturdays led by Rabbi Baseman.
- A young children's congregation service at 7 p.m. Friday featuring music, song, prayers and stories for children in kindergarten through Grade 5, followed by an oneg.
Young Israel-Chabad of Pinellas County, 3696 Fisher Road, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 789-0408 or visit www.yichabad.com.
-Kabbalat Shabbat services 5:30 p.m. Fridays.
- Shabbat morning service 9:30 Saturdays.
-A Talmud class at 9 a.m. Sundays with Rabbi Shalom Adler.
- Evening services at 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Christ the Lord Lutheran Church, 2045 N Hercules Ave., Clearwater. Call (727) 441-8239 or visit www.christthelordlutheranchurch.org.
- Traditional worship services with a contemporary message at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
- One service only Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. featuring contemporary musician Wendysue Flegge.
First Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1644 Nursery Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 462-8000 or visit www.firstlutheran.ij.net.
-Contemporary worship service at 6:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- Traditional worship services at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
Congregation Ohr Chadash, a Messianic synagogue, 3190 Gulf-to-Bay Blvd., Clearwater. Call (727) 726-1472 or visit www.ohrchadash.org.
-Erev Shabbat services 8 p.m. Fridays.
East Lake United Methodist Church, 2801 East Lake Road, East Lake. (Call (727) 784-9250 or visit www.eastlakeumc.org.
- Sunday worship services: 8:15 a.m. traditional; 9:35 a.m. praise and worship; 11 a.m. traditional.
First United Methodist Church, 421 Main St., Dunedin. Call (727) 733-4139 or visit www.dunedinfumc.org.
- Sunday worship services: contemporary at 9 a.m., traditional at 11 a.m.
Mount Moriah AME Church, 722 S Disston Ave., Tarpon Springs. Call (727) 938-0873.
- A free meal is provided to anyone in need from 4 to 5 p.m. every Sunday. Volunteers should arrive by 2:30 p.m.
Palm Harbor United Methodist Church, 1551 Belcher Road, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 785-7487 or visit www.phumc.net.
- Sunday worship services: 8:15 a.m. traditional; 9:45 a.m. blended; 11 a.m. family.
- Wednesday worship services: 6:30 p.m. contemporary and 8 p.m. young adult contemporary.
First Church of the Nazarene, 1875 Nursery Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 536-1498.
- Worship service at 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
Dunedin Assembly of God, 885 Lake Haven Road, Dunedin. Call (727) 733-7205.
- Sunday worship services at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Free lunch every second Sunday of the month following the 10:30 a.m. service. Public invited.
Pentecostal Lighthouse Church, 2801 County Road 1, Dunedin. Call (727) 727-1222.
- Food pantry 5 to 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month.
Bethel Presbyterian Church, 2905 Gulf-to-Bay Blvd., Clearwater. Call (727) 797-6409.
-A rummage sale from 8 a.m. to noon Feb. 23.
Church of the Reconciler, 915 Drew St., Clearwater. Call (727) 446-0946.
- Sunday worship service at 10:30 a.m.
Church on the Bayou Presbyterian Church, 409 Whitcomb Blvd., Tarpon Springs. Call (727) 937-3795.
- A bake sale and a sale of books, clothing, furniture, toys, music, electronics, tools, appliances and more 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 23. Coffee and lunch available both days.
First Presbyterian Church of Safety Harbor, 255 Fifth Ave. S. Call (727) 726-2014 or visit www.fpcsafetyharbor.org.
- Casual contemporary service at 9 a.m. Sundays in Fellowship Hall.
- Blended service at 10:30 a.m. Sundays in the sanctuary.
Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2001 Rainbow Drive, Clearwater. Call (727) 446-6210.
- "Choral Essence," an 18-voice ensemble under the direction of Arthur Goetze, will perform at 3 p.m. Sunday. A donation of $10 a person will benefit Religious Community Services.
- Studies on how to read the Bible with Betty Tutton at 6:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater, 2470 Nursery Road. Call (727) 531-7704 or visit www.uuclearwater.org.
- The Rev. Abhi Janamanchi and Gini Courter on "To Build the Common Good" at the 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday services. Courter, an information technology consultant and author, is moderator of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations' board of trustees.
- The "Quintessence Quintet" will perform Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, some Beatles favorites and selections from The Sound of Music at 3 p.m. Sunday in the Octagon Arts Center on the church property. Peter and the Wolf will be narrated by the Rev. Janamanchi and feature children from the congregation in the animal parts. Tickets are $10 adults, $5 children. Tickets sold at the door starting at 2:15 p.m. Proceeds will benefit Hospice of the Florida Suncoast.
Unity Church of Clearwater, 2465 Nursery Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-0992 or visit www.unityofclearwater.org.
- The Rev. Leddy Hammock's sermon will be "Love Only Knows" at the 9:30 and 11 a.m. Sunday services.
Unity Community Church, 1315 Bayshore Blvd., Dunedin. Call (727) 734-0635 or visit www.unitydunedin.org.
- Guest speaker Dr. Don Papon, a homeopathic physician and author, at the 10 a.m. Sunday service.
-A Course in Miracles 10 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays.
-Healing Center: By appointment. Participants are trained in the Pilgrimage integrative healing process.
Unity Church of Palm Harbor, 1960 Tampa Road. Call (727) 784-7911 or visit www.unitychurchofpalmharbor.org.
- Sunday worship services at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Send religion news to Chris Cosdon by mail to 710 Court St., Clearwater, FL 33756, by fax to (727) 445-4119 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Life in a pioneer family
First Presbyterian Church of Dunedin, 455 Scotland St. Call (727) 733-2318 or visit www.fpcdunedin.org.
- Terry Fortner will talk about her grandmother Myrtle Scharrer Betz, above, and what it was like growing up on Caladesi Island, then called Hog Island, at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Her grandmother's 1983 memoir, Yesteryear I Lived in Paradise, has been newly revised. Free, open to the public.