Blood drive: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. today. Aripeka Elks Lodge 2520, 9135 Denton Ave., Hudson. This is open to Elks and non-Elks. For information, call Florida Blood Services at 1-800-683-5663 or Mary Ann Steffes at (352) 686-5842.
- Pancake breakfast:8 to10 a.m. St. Mark's Presbyterian Church, 7922 State Road 52, Hudson, (727) 863-5646. Donation: $3 for adults, $1 for children. All the pancakes you can eat. Full breakfast.
- All you can eat variety:8 to 10:30 a.m. Forest Hills Civic Club, 1749 Harpoon Drive, Holiday, (727) 942-3511. Full breakfast. Donation: $3.
- Full breakfast: 8 a.m. to noon. Eastern Star Chapter 117, 5329 Sunset Road, New Port Richey, (727) 207-2149. Donation: $3.50.
Social times, dinners and more today:
- 1 p.m. Hawaiian luau dinner. Polish American Pulaski Association, 4616 Darlington Road, Holiday, (727) 934-0900. Donation: $11, members; $13, guests. Special menu and music.
- 6 p.m. VFW Randolph Ford Post 7845, 6315 Stone Road, Port Richey, (727) 847-6277. Music by Seabreeze. Food available 5:30-7 p.m. Donation: $4 to $5.
- 5 p.m. Tawney VFW Post 4412, 13129 Colony Road, Hudson, (727) 856-0051. Burgers, hot dogs and more. Donation: $5. Music by Kerry's DJ Jam.
- 8 p.m. Singles dance. Jasmine Lakes Civic Center, 7137 Jasmine Blvd., Port Richey, (727) 459-2076. DJ Mike. Donation: $7.
- 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dinner.AMVETS Post 16, 9638 State Road 52, Hudson, (727) 868-7391. Donation: $6.50 to $8. Music.
- 3 to 6 p.m. Gospel sing and barbecue chicken dinner. Hicks Road Baptist Church, 12219 Hicks Road, Hudson, (727) 863-5959. Fundraiser for church; free will donation.
Other activities today:
- Bingo: 5:30 p.m. Disabled American Veterans Chapter 78, 6711 Jefferson St., New Port Richey, (727) 845-3886.
- Folk music class: 9 to 11 a.m. Elfers Senior Center, 4136 Barker Drive, (727) 847-1290. Bring your own stringed instrument or use one supplied. Donation: $15. Call Clark or Lucinda for information or to reserve an instrument, (716) 676-2260.
Sassy health event: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday.Seniors Are Someone Special Year-Round will be in the Gulf View Square Mall in Port Richey along with the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, Community Hospital of New Port Richey and Oak Hill Hospital for free health screenings which include glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure and more. Entertainment.
Winter Indoor Festival picnic: Doors open 10 a.m. Feb. 20. Polish American Social Club, 7615 New Jersey Ave., Hudson. Hamburgers, hot dogs, salads and more. Serving at noon. Games until 3 p.m. Dancing: 3 to 4 p.m. Donation: $5. Call Marcella at (352) 597-5908 or the club at (727) 868-9763.
Youth Basketball League registration: Through Feb. 27, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Saturday, 1 to 9 p.m. Sunday. Come register for a 10-game season with a postseason tournament. Games begin March 15. Fee: $25 per player. Holiday Recreation Complex, 2830 Gulf Trace Blvd., Holiday, (727) 934-4198.
WAVES Unit 104 meet: 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Golden Corral, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey, (727) 842-7701. Active, inactive, reserve or retired servicewomen of the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Merchant Marines and Reserves are welcome.
Mardi Gras street party: 7 p.m. Feb. 28 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The fundraiser, presented by Daughters of Penelope Eros Chapter 356 and sponsored by BB&T Bank, will benefit Hernando-Pasco Hospice and the Salvation Army's Domestic Violence program. Donation: $25. Enjoy a stroll through the historic city of New Orleans complete with lampposts, cafes, merchants, Bourbon Street festivities and a Zydeco band. There will be plenty of heavy hors d'oeuvres and beignets, too. Sponsorships range from $250 to $2,000. For tickets or information, call Judith Koustas, president of Daughters of Penelope, at (727) 842-6821. The Spartan Manor staff is volunteering their time that evening as are many of the entertainers.
PAWS for a Cause: 9 a.m. March 1. Registration starts at 8 a.m. PAWS and Camp K-9 are holding this event to benefit Relay for Life of Trinity and the American Cancer Society. A donation in any amount gets participants registered. The event and registration will be at Camp K-9, 2944 Defuniak St., Trinity, (727) 375-9995. For information or to sign up, visit www.events.cancer.org/rfltrinityfl (click "join our team," then enter team name "paws for a cause"). Leashes required.
Send all events with group name, address and phone number at least 14 days in advance to Lucille Lazich, West Happenings, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668, e-mail email@example.com or fax (727) 869-6233.