1. Archive


Across the locker room from Dwight Howard, three Magic players were arguing about their own All-Star contest.

"I won 3-point shooting tonight," joked Jameer Nelson, who was 5-for-5 from long range.

"You made five?" said Hedo Turkoglu, who was 7-for-11 on 3s.

Turkoglu had 31 points and seven assists, and Howard had 24 points and 18 rebounds to help the Magic beat the 76ers 115-99 Friday night.

Nelson and Rashard Lewis each had 17 points.

Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala each scored 25 for the 76ers, and Willie Green had 21.

"I thought we played hard, but when you have guys hitting shots from all different parts of the court they are hard to guard," Miller said.

Orlando was 15-for-33 from 3-point range, while the 76ers didn't make a 3 until less than three minutes left. They ended up 3-for-13 from behind the arc.

Orlando led comfortably all game - most of it by double digits. But the 76ers made a 10-2 run over two minutes in the fourth quarter that made it 82-76. Iguodala scored six in the span, capping it with a steal and fastbreak dunk that drew boos from the home crowd.

The Magic answered with a run of its own - 7-2 in less than a minute, including a 3-pointer by Turkoglu - to effectively put the game away.

It was a post-All-Star homecoming for Howard after winning the dunk contest last weekend. He was honored at center court with a trophy, and the arena played the Superman theme each time he made a big play - homage to the jersey and cape Howard wore in the dunk contest.

"It's crazy," Howard said. "But, you know, my focus is on just winning, playing defense, working on the things that we need to do so when we get to the playoffs we'll be ready."

Kings 116, Bobcats 115, OT

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Brad Miller had 22 points and 14 rebounds and the Kings held on in overtime in a game marred by a head injury to Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace.

Wallace was knocked unconscious after he was hit in the nose by an unintentional elbow from Kings forward Mikki Moore early in the third quarter. Wallace was down for nearly 10 minutes before he was taken off on a stretcher and taken to a hospital.

A team official said Wallace regained consciousness and was undergoing tests late Friday.