Advertisement
  1. Archive

MLB BELIEVES RAIN WON'T AFFECT TONIGHT'S GAME 3

Daylong rain forecast for Philadelphia isexpected to clear by early evening, and MLB officials are optimistic Game 3 will be played tonight as scheduled.

"Whatever the weather is, it's supposed to be good by 8," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "So right now, the contingencies are, I don't have any."

There is a better than 70 percent chance of rain from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., according to weather.com, but it drops to 30 percent by the scheduled 8:35 first pitch with the temperature around 60.

If postponed, Game 3 would be Sunday with Games 4 and 5 Monday and Tuesday. Games 6 and 7 at Tropicana Field would remain on Wednesday and Thursday.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement