1. Lakewood (6-1): The Spartans have won six straight and are averaging more than 30 points per game.
2. Largo (6-1): As expected, the Packers got back on track by routing Dixie Hollins.
3. Dunedin (6-2): The Falcons, winners of three straight, have a bye week before facing Palm Harbor U. in key district game.
4. St. Petersburg (5-2): The Green Devils inch closer to a playoff berth after demolishing Pinellas Park.
5. Palm Harbor U. (5-2): Give it up for the Hurricanes, who clinched the best record in school history with win against Clearwater.
6. Indian Rocks Chr. (7-0): The Golden Eagles remain undefeated and face Fort Meade in an epic district game this week.
7. Northeast (4-3): After starting 0-2, the Vikings have won four of their past five.
Offensive player of the week
Keelyan Bryant, SP Catholic: The Barons needed a big performance in a big game. Bryant provided it with 249 yards rushing on 32 carries to help SPC win its first game of the season, 24-19 over Fort Myers Bishop Verot. Bryant also had a 3-yard run for the winning score.
Defensive player of the week
Joey Kenyon, Palm Harbor University: The Hurricanes hadn't recorded a shutout since the Clinton administration, but Kenyon and his defensive mates helped change that against Clearwater. Kenyon, a defensive back, recovered a fumble in the end zone to put PHU ahead by four touchdowns in the third quarter. The Hurricanes forced eight turnovers.
Josh Aceturro, left, Indian Rocks Christian: Had touchdown runs of 16 and 53 yards and also kicked six extra points.
Darius Bellamy, Dunedin: 157 yards on 16 carries, highlighted by a 68-yard run for a score in the second quarter.
Ryan Eppes, Largo: Completed a 26-yard touchdown pass to Mike Lang and ran in from 10 yards out for another score.
Myrick Gwynn, Largo: Had a 5-yard touchdown run for the Packers' first points and added a 30-yard interception return in the second quarter.
Jacquez Jenkins, Lakewood: Accounted for four touchdowns - three passing, one rushing - in the Spartans' rout of Osceola.
Cody Pogoreic, St. Petersburg: Returned an interception 37 yards for the Green Devils' first score in a runaway victory over Pinellas Park.
Sean Shelton, Palm Harbor University: Helped the Hurricanes win their fifth in a row by throwing for 176 yards and two touchdowns on 9-for-19 passing.
Will Smith, Pinellas Park: Returned a kickoff 98 yards for a score in waning moments of the Patriots' loss to St. Petersburg.
Tyler Tisdale, Northeast: Had touchdown runs of 46, 1 and 17 yards, and gained 133 yards total.
Deandre Walker, Northeast:Returned a kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown to seal the Vikings' win over Bradenton Bayshore.
David Washington, Gibbs: His 60-yard interception return for a touchdown in the second quarter against Seminole put the Gladiators comfortably ahead 21-0.