There's still plenty of time today to set up your iPod speakers or crusty old boom box to scare the heebie-jeebies out of unsuspecting trick-or-treaters. Of course you'll need more than these 10 terrifying tunes to last all night long. See the full monster list and listen to a few spooky songs at blogs.tampabay.com/popmusic. - Sean Daly, Times pop music critic
-Shakin' Shakin' Shakes, Los Lobos
-The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead, XTC
-Highway to Hell, AC/DC
-Laurie's Theme, John Carpenter
-I Put a Spell on You, Screamin' Jay Hawkins
-Dead Man's Party, Oingo Boingo
,Black Cat, Janet Jackson
-(Don't Fear) The Reaper, Blue Oyster Cult
-Welcome to My Nightmare, Alice Cooper
-Somebody's Watching Me, Rockwell
Awesome '80s list: Top 5 horror flicks
Big hair, Day-Glo fashion, Madonna as Mrs. Sean Penn. Wow, the '80s truly were scary. But those phenomenons are nothing compared to the horror movies of decade. Here are our five favorites. See the full top 20 list at blogs.tampabay.com/80s.- Steve Spears, Times staff writer
5. THE SHINING (1980): Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
4. NIGHT OF THE CREEPS (1986): Jason Lively, Steve Marshall. "What is this? A homicide, or a bad B-movie?"
3. AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981): David Naughton, Jenny Agutter. "I will not be threatened by a walking meat loaf!"
2. THE THING (1982): Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley. "Why don't we just wait here for a little while... see what happens..."
1. POLTERGEIST (1982): Craig T. Nelson, JoBeth Williams. "Do not go into the light!"