Advertisement
  1. Archive

MAN WHO REPORTED MASSACRE IS CHARGED

He is accused of killing eight people, including his father.

Associated Press

BRUNSWICK, Ga. - A man who told police "My whole family's dead!" in a frantic 911 call was charged Friday with killing the eight people attacked in his family's Georgia mobile home.

Guy Heinze Jr., 22, was arrested Friday on eight counts of first-degree murder in the slayings last weekend near the coastal community of Brunswick. Among those killed were seven of Heinze's relatives.

In the call to emergency dispatchers early Aug. 29, Heinze said that he had come home to find the bodies and that it appeared the family had been beaten to death. Seven were found dead at the scene, an eighth died at a hospital, and the attack's only survivor was hospitalized after being critically injured.

Police haven't released causes of death for the victims.

Hours after the bodies were found, Heinze was charged with evidence tampering, lying to police and drug possession. But police didn't say until Friday that they suspected him of the killings.

The slayings occurred at the New Hope Plantation mobile home park a few miles north of the port city of Brunswick.

The dead included the suspect's father, Guy Heinze Sr., 45; his uncle, Rusty Toler Sr., 44; and his aunt Brenda Gail Falagan, 49. Also slain were Toler Sr.'s four children - Chrissy Toler, 22; Russell D. Toler Jr., 20; Michael Toler, 19; and Michelle Toler, 15.

Chrissy Toler's boyfriend, Joseph L. West, 30, was also killed.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement