As of Saturday, 1,079 U.S. troops have died in the Afghanistan war. Identifications not previously published:
- Army Staff Sgt. Marc A. Arizmendez, 30, Anaheim, Calif.; explosion Tuesday; Qalat.
- Army Staff Sgt. Christopher F. Cabacoy, 30, Virginia Beach, Va.; explosion Monday; Kandahar.
- Army Sgt. 1st Class Kristopher D. Chapleau, 33, La Grange, Ky.; noncombat incident June 30; Forward Operating Base Blessing.
- Army Spc. Keenan A. Cooper, 19, Wahpeton, N.D.; explosion Monday; Yakuta.
- Army Sgt. Andrew J. Creighton, 23, Laurel, Del.; combat July 4; Oruzgan.
- Army Pfc. Jacob A. Dennis, 22, Powder Springs, Ga.; died July 3 of injuries from weapons system accident June 29 at Forward Operating Base Lane.
- Army Sgt. Louis R. Fastuca, 24, West Chester, Pa.; explosion Monday; Abdulhamid Kalay.
- Army Spc. Ryan J. Grady, 25, Bristow, Okla.; explosion July 1; Bagram.
- Army Pfc. David Jefferson, 23, Philadelphia; explosion July 2; Kandahar.
- Army Spc. Roger Lee, 26, Monterey, Calif.; explosion Tuesday; Qalat.
- Army Spc. Clayton McGarrah, 20, Harrison, Ark.; explosion July 4; Arghandab.
- Army Spc. Jerod H. Osborne, 20, Royse City, Texas; explosion Monday; Yakuta.
- Army Pfc. Michael S. Pridham, 19, Louisville, Ky.; explosion Tuesday; Qalat.
- Air Force Capt. David A. Wisniewski, 31, Moville, Iowa; died July 2 of wounds sustained June 9 in helicopter crash near Forward Operating Base Jackson.
- Army Pfc. Edwin C. Wood, 18, Omaha, Neb.; explosion Monday; Kandahar.
* * *
Deaths in Iraq war: As of Saturday, 4,412 U.S. troops have died in the Iraq war. Identifications not previously published:
-Army Sgt. Johnny W. Lumpkin, 38, Columbus, Ga.; noncombat-related equipment incident July 1; Taji.
-Army Spc. Morganne M. McBeth, 19, Fredericksburg, Va.; noncombat-related incident July 1; Khan Al Baghdadi.
-Army Sgt. Jordan E. Tuttle, 22, West Monroe, La.; noncombat-related incident July 2; Baghdad.