Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2012.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and perpetuating the prosperity of Pasco County.
Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care-social services, law enforcement-criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted at LeadershipPasco.com. For an application, call Leadership Pasco toll-free at 1-866-783-1122 or (727) 844-5247.
- - -
The Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce announces its summer business hours will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son, 9020 Rancho Del Rio Drive, New Port Richey, lists its April awards:
Realtor Susanna Vizzari won the "Top Selling Associate by Units," the "Top Listing Associate by Units," the "Top Listing Associate by Volume," the "Top Producing Agent by Units" and the "Top Producing Agent by Volume" awards.
The "Top Selling Associates by Volume" award was presented to Team Maceda, whose members consist of Joe Maceda, Kris Mizgorski, Chuck Smith, Rebecca Duffy and Tricia Shade.
Call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 375-5700.
- - -
Linda McFarland, an independent financial adviser affiliated with SagePoint Financial, recently attended the Advisor Group's fifth annual Women's Conference in San Antonio, Texas, along with more than 180 female financial advisers.
McFarland, a resident of Hudson since 1966, has an office at 5327 Commercial Way, Suite D120, Spring Hill. She serves clients in Pasco, Hernando, Sumter and Citrus counties.
The women's conference focused on "Exploring Financial Frontiers," and many topics addressed the changing landscape of the financial services field, including using social media, client review procedures, and issues affecting baby boomers and retirement.
McFarland can be reached at (352) 597-0520.
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 will present a free small-business seminar, "Advanced Use of QuickBooks," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
Mike Kouremetis, a SCORE counselor, will present the two-hour seminar. It is designed for those with previous experience using QuickBooks, but who would benefit from utilizing the many more advanced capabilities of the system.
No registration is required. For information, call the library at (727)861-3040 or the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
- - -
Soma Intimates will have its grand opening at 10 a.m. Wednesday at 28330 Paseo Drive, Suite 160 in the Shops at Wiregrass, Wesley Chapel.
The boutique offers luxurious and sensual lingerie, loungewear and sleepwear. The store hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday. For information, call (813) 994-9142.
- - -
Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Mixer at 6 p.m. Thursday at David Weekly Homes, 2520 Nestlewood Drive, Wesley Chapel.
The event offers networking and socializing. For information, call (813) 994-5399.
- - -
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its May Chamber Mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Scotland Yards Golf Club, 8900 Wire Road, Dade City. Appetizers will be served.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
- - -
The Connections Job Development Program will host its third annual Wine Tasting and Silent Auction from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Synovus Bank, 10820 State Road 54, Trinity.
This year, wines will be presented by Time for Wine of Tampa, which will provide a true tasting as well as information on a variety of unique wines. The fundraiser will include food and auction items.
Glenn Hanff, executive editor of Native Medical Trends, will serve as master of ceremonies. Tickets are $25 per person or $40 per couple in advance; $30 per person or $50 per couple at the door.
For information, call Judith Tilton at (727) 849-4724.
- - -
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a special chamber breakfast with members of the Pasco County legislative delegation from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Friday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity.
The continental breakfast is $10 per person and is sponsored by Career Central.
To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also e-mail items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (727) 869-6233. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
* * *
- Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
- Wesley Chapel Power Networking Lunch: 11:30 a.m. Monday at Santo's Pizza & Pasta, 27431 Wesley Chapel Blvd., Wesley Chapel. The cost is $10. For information or to RSVP, e-mail Tiffanie Kellog at email@example.com.
- Wesley Chapel Networking Coffee: 8 a.m. Tuesday at A Cup of Organic Coffee, 1900 Oak Grove Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Join Rob "Capt. Rob" Kellog for coffee and early morning networking opportunities.
- Suncoast Women in Networking: Breakfast meeting from 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at IHOP, 4736 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Networking begins at 7:45 a.m. Eileen Caravello, president of Port of Prints, will discuss the importance of advertising. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional women who meet monthly to network and develop business relationships. (727) 863-6151.
- West Pasco Business Network: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Windsor Woods, 13707 Dallas Drive, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. To reserve a seat, call Abby Hamilton at (813) 817-1905.
- Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
- Wesley Chapel Networking on the Nines: 3 p.m. Tuesday at Lexington Oaks Golf Club, 26133 Lexington Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Bring a client or associate for a unique networking opportunity. Nine holes of "Best Ball" for $20 per person (includes greens fees/cart). For information, contact Rob Kellog at (813) 817-5655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month. For information, e-mail email@example.com.
- West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is a pool of professionals who work together to promote each others' businesses. Meets every Tuesday. For information, visit www.westpascobusinessassociation.com.
- BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors are welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
- Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Famous Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Meets the first and third Wednesday of each month. A full breakfast is served at no cost. To RSVP, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
- Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Individuals pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
- Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Whiskey River Saltwater Grill, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Meets every Wednesday. Call Josh Green at (727) 457-2393.
- BNI Referral Connections: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
- BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). RSVP at (727) 967-1418.