Fox has announced Seth MacFarlane will be leading a reboot of The Flintstones. (We saw that show already: It's called Family Guy.) The new series will begin production in the fall for a 2013 premiere, Deadline.com says, which is great for Seth, because he noted the first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone. "It's appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise," MacFarlane said. "Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him." At least he has a sense of humor about it. Now, if only it could differentiate itself from Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show, all of which are basically the same series.
* * *
Karate Kid Macchio kicked off DWTS
The mystical power of martial arts wasn't enough to save lanky Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio Tuesday, as he found himself kicked off ABC's competition Dancing with the Stars. Macchio took the long walk instead of former Cheers star Kirstie Alley, whose celebrity and kid-gloves handling by the judges have kept her in the game despite an onstage tumble and losing a shoe during a different dance. Now it seems Pittsburgh Steelers star Hines Ward and Disney Channel actress Chelsea Kane will face off for the show's vaunted mirrorball trophy next week.
* * *
Dr. Cuddy no longer will be in the 'House'
Lisa Edelstein will not be returning to Fox's House next season. All you Dr. Cuddy fans will just have to do without. Edelstein's long-term contract expires this month, leading to the move: "After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead," the actress said in a statement, TVLine reports. There's a possibility that Edelstein was the victim of budget cuts, the site says, so it may be that she decided not to take a lowball offer or was written out completely. The good news is that Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps both renewed their contracts, and Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson will be back. Jesse Spencer's Dr. Chase is still up in the air, though.
* * *
Twitter feud at heart of rapper's killing?
So what exactly was it that brought on the drive-by that killed Cali Swag District rapper M-Bone over the weekend? To hear TMZ tell it, it was a Twitter war over a girl. Friends of the late Mante Ray Talbert told police that he had been mixing it up with a woman after he returned to L.A. from the group's tour. A man in the woman's building didn't like the relationship, TMZ reports, so he began threatening the 22-year-old rapper over Twitter, sparking a war of words that may have ended in gunfire Sunday night. The site adds that the car in which M-Bone was sitting was registered to the woman in question.