1. All Children's Hospital Parade: Formerly known as the Festival of States Parade, the daytime parade marches along St. Petersburg's downtown waterfront bringing floats, bands, clowns and grand marshal Tampa Bay Rays mascot Raymond. It's all part of Taste of Pinellas weekend and features current patients and "graduates" of All Children's Hospital. The parade begins at 11:30 a.m. Saturday in front of the Mahaffey Theater on Bayshore Drive and will continue down Bayshore to the Vinoy and turn east on Fifth Ave NE for a block, ending at the entrance to Taste of Pinellas in Vinoy Park. For more on Taste of Pinellas see Pages 9 and 14.
2. Art on the Bay Live Painting Event: This is shaping up to be a massive explosion of art and community pride on Saturday. More than 62 artists, including painters, sculptors, potters, jewelry artisans, fiber artists, body artists and more will participate in this event held on the grounds of the St. Petersburg Museum of History on the city's waterfront. Music provided by Ronny Elliott, and food vendors will be available. It starts at 11 a.m. at 335 Second Ave. NE , St. Petersburg. Free.
3. Westfield Family Fun Day: Get Fit: This shopping mall program of Fun Days is designed to help kids learn about getting fit and healthy. At the Brandon and Citrus Park malls today, the kids will decorate their very own water bottle holder, have story time with The Busy Body Book: A Kid's Guide to Fitness and I.Q. Gets Fit and get a healthy snack. Held in the mall play spaces today at 4 p.m. Free.
4. Adopt-a-Shore: Help clean up the beach and get a free breakfast from Panera Bread. Join volunteers on the beach behind the Don CeSar Beach Resort and Spa to clean up the area between the Don and Sirata Beach Resort. They will provide all the necessary tools. All volunteers get free breakfast and a volunteer shirt. RSVP by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org so they can have a head count, and be there by 8 a.m. Saturday for this Keep Pinellas Beautiful event. Free.
5. Friday Extra Concert Series: What is it about the '80s this weekend? If you can't make the Florida Orchestra's take on the decade (Page 13), then catch this outdoor concert series Friday with popular '80s cover band Rubix Cubed. They will rock the Lowry Park Bandshell with songs from the Go-Go's, the Cure, Madonna, Simple Minds and other megahits. The show opens at 7 p.m. with Undercover Band at 7525 N Boulevard, Tampa. Free.