We brought you earlier this week word from Da'Quan Bowers' agent that his client expected to be ready for training camp despite his January knee surgery.
Now, Bowers himself has surfaced and maintains the same stance, while shedding a little more light on the details of his injury.
In an interview with NFL.com, Bowers said he intends to be on the field for the start of training camp -- whenever that is -- and admits he didn't initially understand that the knee injury would be considered serious enough to affect his draft status. Bowers said he didn't begin to realize there was a problem until he was told not to participate in the Scouting Combine in February. That's about when the scrutiny of his injury began to increase.
For the record, Bowers said the procedure was a "minor" microfracture surgery, which would have made many teams fearful of drafting him.
Posted by Stephen Holder at 5:04:20 pm on May 19, 2011