Cher is dead. Or probably not dead. Damn you, Twitter. Why do we fall for your shenanigans every single time? The rumor started Thursday night when some numbskull tweeted "RT @CNN: American recording artist Cher dies at 65 years old. Found dead in Malibu home."
Hollywoodgossip.com got Cher's buddy/jewelry designer Loree Rodkin to go on the record: "Whoever started that stupid rumor needs to have their face dragged across concrete. It's a hoax. She's fine. She's so NOT dead. She's just a busy girl."
Well, she could be busier, but her hot streak in films hit the skids a LONG time ago. (In some U.S. states, capitol punishment has been replaced by forced-repeated viewings of Burlesque.) Remember when she was can't-miss at the box office? Oh, that's right. The EIGHTIES.
TOP 5 CHER MOVIES OF THE '80s:
5. WITCHES OF EASTWICK (1987): "You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you're morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell. You're not even interesting enough to make me sick."
4. SUSPECT (1987): "I spend all of my day with murders and rapists, and what's really crazy, I like them."
3. SILKWOOD (1983): "Goddamn government f---- you comin' and goin'."
2. MASK (1985): "If I'd dug his grave every time one of you geniuses told me he was gonna die, I'd be eating f---ing chop suey in China by now!"
1. MOONSTRUCK (1987): "Aw, ma, I love him awful."
Posted by Steve Spears at 5:04:40 pm on January 27, 2012