While most of us are preparing to bid adieu to the Jersey Shore gang, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino is getting loud with a vodka company, suing them for millions he claims they owe him. We didn't know so many people were buying vodka because of The Situation.
Sorrentino says Devotion Spirits owes him back pay for a 2010 deal in which he got an 8 percent ownership stake to endorse the booze. On his one-year anniversary with the company he was supposed to get another 2 percent, which he says he didn't get. He also says they owed him a $400,000 buy back option on his shares after two years, and they didn't do that either. Now he wants the full 10 percent, a total he estimates to be worth around $5 million, plus damages.
As trashy as it may sound, we give The Situation credit for knowing where his money is. Can you imagine Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi parsing out ownership percentages? You'd probably be spending all your time trying to explain the term "breach of contract" to her.
[Photo: Getty Images]
Posted by Joshua Gillin at 5:49:07 pm on November 19, 2012