Advertisement

Our coronavirus coverage is free for the first 24 hours. Find the latest information at tampabay.com/coronavirus. Please consider subscribing or donating.

  1. Archive

ELECTRICAL FIRE IN HOME DISPLACES FAMILY

A Tampa family was displaced from its home after electrical wires in the wall caught fire Monday morning.

Tampa Fire Rescue said the home at 4205 E Cayuga St. did not have smoke detectors.

Firefighters were called about 9:20 a.m. and saw light smoke when they arrived. No one was injured. The home's owner and two children have turned to the American Red Cross for temporary housing.

Firefighters installed smoke detectors in the house and canvassed surrounding homes to make sure they also have smoke detectors.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement