1. Archive



A homeless Largo man has been charged with sexual battery and lewd and lascivious molestation of a boy under 12 years old, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

Robert Marion Green, 59, was arrested Monday afternoon on the two felony charges. He was being held without bail at the Pinellas County Jail.

Sheriff's Office detectives said the victim told his mother he had been touched sexually by Green early in April. The boy was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.

Detectives made contact with Green on Monday, and he admitted to the allegations, the Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities believe there could be additional victims and ask that anyone with information about Green call Pinellas sheriff's Detective Jason Stibbard at (727) 582-6200.

* * *

St. Petersburg

Man charged with raping girl repeatedly

Authorities have arrested a St. Petersburg man they said repeatedly raped a young girl.

William Eric Donald, 49, was arrested Monday night on four counts of sexual battery. The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said Donald raped the girl, who is between 12 and 16, at least four times since Feb. 22. The last incident happened Thursday, they said.

Donald would go into the girl's room at night while she was sleeping and force himself on her, Pinellas deputies said.

The girl recently told a family member about the abuse, officials said. It occurred in a home located in an unincorporated area near St. Petersburg.

Donald has previous arrests in Florida related to drugs and theft, records show. He remained in the Pinellas County Jail without bail on Tuesday.

* * *


Girl tells of 8-year history of abuse

A 21-year-old Dunedin man has been arrested based on allegations that he molested a girl over a period of eight years, beginning when she was 4.

Zachary Watton was charged Tuesday with two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said.

Detectives began investigating after a girl, now 14 years old, told her parents that Watton touched her inappropriately from the time she was 4 years old until she was 12, according to the Sheriff's Office.

On Tuesday, detectives said, Watton came to the Sheriff's Office and "admitted to the crime" during an interview.

The investigation continues.