The insane, and inane, football facts of the season.
15 things you didn't know
1. Bloomingdale WR Doug Sandberg has at least four catches in every game.
2. Jefferson QB Deiondre Porter hasproduced either a touchdown rushing or passing in 19 straight games, dating to 2011.
3. Middleton WR Shug Rhynes is not only leading Tampa Bay in receiving yards (811), touchdowns (seven) and yards per catch (35.3), but has catches for 70, 76, 90 and 96 yards.
4. Strawberry Crest has thrown for 1,225 yards despite losing its starter early to injury. Credit Austin Carswell, now 4-0 as the starter.
5. Steinbrenner's Curtis Fitch lost a QB duel to Chase Litton last week but finished with a career-high 246 yards passing.
6. Zephyrhills transfer Mike Smith is on pace to break Andy Embody's single-season receiving record at Carrollwood Day. Smith has 677 yards, or 96.7 a game. Embody, who set the record last year with 973 yards, averaged 81 yards a game.
7. Sickles' Ray Ray McCloud III was the first to 1,000 yards this year, but Nate Johnson should be second. The Sunlake junior needs 47 yards.
8. Does anyone else lead his team in rushing TDs (11) and sacks (5)? Because Indian Rocks Christian's Theo Anderson does.
9. Armwood ran only 15 offensive plays last week against Leto and scored 74 points. And here I thought East Lake running just 21 against Seminole and scoring 51 was impressive.
10. Tyrie Adams of Dixie Hollins became the first Pinellas County QB to record a 300-yard game last week when he threw for 302.
11. Adams has increased his passing yardage every week since the season opener, throwing for 162, 221, 267, 271 and 302. Good luck keeping that up, Rebel.
12. Countryside DE Steven Czop has eight sacks - two each against Northeast, Southeast, Lakewood and Tarpon Springs.
13. Deangelo Reeves ran for a career-high 167 yards last week. His St. Petersburg Green Devils host Bradenton Manatee on Friday.
14. Ridgewood rushed 66 times last week. We think that's a school record, though we can't be sure. We do know that by digging around on MaxPreps, we found only one other game even close: 52 carries against Fivay in 2010.
15. On a night when his team ran for minus-2 yards, Hernando QB Tyler Kline had a decent showing against South Sumter, setting season highs for completions (13), attempts (30) and yards (168).
Read the complete grab bag at tampabay.com/hometeam.