Current movies recommended by the Tampa Bay Times:
1. The Grand Budapest Hotel - Wes Anderson's screwball farce features a delightful comic performance by Ralph Fiennes. Who knew?
2. Noah - The gospel according to Darren Aronofsky, a brilliant and baffling movie dividing viewers by faith and taste.
3. The Lunchbox - Indian cuisine and mistaken identity lead to a bittersweet romance in this IIFA-nominated import. (Woodlands 20)
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Marvel superhero (Chris Evans) uncovers political intrigue, shaking S.H.I.E.L.D. to its core.
5. Rio 2 - More South American sights, sounds and shenanigans, from a culturally adventurous animation franchise.
* * *
Dates subject to change.
April 18: Transcendence; Bears; A Haunted House 2; Dom Hemingway
April 25: The Other Woman; The Quiet Ones; Brick Mansions
May 2: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
May 9: Neighbors; Moms' Night Out
May 16: Godzilla; Million Dollar Arm
May 23: X-Men: Days of Future Past; Blended
May 30: A Million Ways to Die in the West; Maleficent
June 6: Edge of Tomorrow; The Fault In Our Stars
June 13: How to Train Your Dragon 2; Lullaby; 22 Jump Street