Records through Wednesday.
1. Plant (17-5, 10-0): The Panthers have sailed right past their rough streak, cruising to a five-game win streak that includes a no-hitter and three shutouts.
2. King (17-4, 13-1): The Lions suffered a loss to Steinbrenner this week but came into that game with two one-run losses. Every good team is allowed an off night.
3. Alonso (17-4, 18-2): The Ravens finally lost to a team not named Plant, falling in a close game to Gaither on Tuesday. But they've still got big wins under their belts and should be a playoff team for the first time in a couple of years.
4. Steinbrenner (15-4, 5-3): After losing back-to-back district games two weeks ago, the Warriors have rebounded nicely, outscoring their past four opponents 37-6.
5. Tampa Catholic (10-7, 2-2): The Crusaders have lost to some tough teams all over the state and country, but they've shown local strength with two wins against rival Jesuit.
6. Jesuit (16-4, 6-0): The Tigers, who used to own the top spot, have shown signs of struggle since suspending nine players for the season. They lost for the second time to Tampa Catholic, 9-2, then fell to Countryside.
7. Durant (14-5, 8-2): The Cougars, who still hold the top spot in a competitive district, know how to put runs on the board, scoring in double digits in five of their past seven games.
In the conversation: Hillsborough (14-4, 12-2), Jefferson (15-8, 10-4), Brandon (13-8, 7-3), Strawberry Crest (16-7, 7-3), Sickles (14-6, 5-3), Tampa Prep (14-7, 7-0)
For this week's stat leaders, visit tampabay.com/hometeam.