Mixing celebrity anecdotes and floral-arranging tips at the annual fundraising luncheon, Chris Giftos, retired master floral designer and special events director at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, was a highlight of the annual March celebration. The Margaret Acheson Stuart Society produces the events to benefit the Museum of Fine Arts.
1. Art in Bloom luncheon committee co-chairwomen Glenn Mosby and Martha Buttner.
2. Maria Cantonis, center, and other patrons react to the designer's presentation.
3. The Vinoy's Grand Ballroom.
4. Using long-stemmed tulips, delphinium, lilies, orchids, and pussy willow, Giftos fills a tall vase.
5. Giftos' boyhood friend Jack Contes.
6. Elizabeth Walters-Alison was co-chairwoman of Art in Bloom with Dale Wybrow (not shown).7. Bonita Cobb, center, and other guests.