CAREERSOURCE FLORIDA NETWORK RECOGNIZED: CareerSource Pasco Hernando announced Florida's selection for National Association of State Workforce Agencies' 2014 State Excellence Award for Leadership in recognition of the stateside branding effort which prompted the February 2014 launch of the CareerSource Florida network. Judges selected the branding effort as 2014's top workforce initiative because of the service and performance improvements facilitated by its launch.
"The re-branding of Florida's Workforce Board has brought greater unity across Florida, providing greater economic opportunity for Florida's employers and jobseekers," said Jerome Salatino, CareerSource Pasco Hernando's CEO.
The award is a top honor bestowed annually by NASWA in recognition of a workforce-related program, project or initiative that is innovative and addresses a challenge requiring collaboration and resulting in significant service and/or performance improvement.
CHAMBER NAMED A FINALIST FOR TBBCA'S IMPACT AWARDS: The Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture and the Arts recently named the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce a finalist for the 2014 Impact Awards in the nonprofit category.
The award is based on demonstrated impact in recent years to Tampa Bay's quality of life through innovative arts programming, outstanding business practices and/or neighborhood revitalization.
Pam Marron of the Suncoast Arts Festival and the chamber's partner for the 2015 Pasco Weekend of the Arts event, nominated the chamber and the BBQ & Blues Festival. Both festivals were also awarded a VisitFlorida Grant earlier this summer to promote the Pasco Weekend of the Arts held Jan. 17-18.
The TBBCA created the Impact Awards in 1989 to recognize and honor business support of the arts.
GULF COAST MEDICAL CENTER RECEIVES NCQA RECOGNITION: Gulf Coast Medical Center's internal medicine and family practice physicians have been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Physician Practice Connections - Patient-Centered Medical Home.
GCMC's two Port Richey locations earned recognition as the highest of three possible levels of achievement. NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to measuring and improving health care quality.
The committee measures certain aspects of care including access and communication, patient tracking and registry functions, care management, patient self-management support, electronic prescribing, test tracking, performance reporting and improvement, and advanced electronic communications.
* * *
CERTIFIED FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER JOINS PRACTICE: Christa A. Conologue, a certified family nurse practitioner, has joined the practice of Jennifer Laman at 13235 State Road, Suite 102 in Hudson.
Conologue comes to the practice from Access Health Care's main office in Spring Hill.
LOCAL FINANCIAL ADVISER RANKS HIGH WITH HIS CLIENTS: Mark Lovelle, a financial adviser with Ameriprise Financial in New Port Richey, has received high marks from his clients in the Ameriprise Financial Client Relationship Study.
Lovelle ranked in the top 25 percent of all Ameriprise advisers, receiving a score of 96 percent or higher based on overall client satisfaction.
Lovelle's office is at 4807 U.S. 19, Suite 202, New Port Richey. Call (727) 841-9640.
* * *
CAREER WORKSHOPS AT PHSC: Pasco-Hernando State College will host career workshops at its West Campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. The career-focused workshops are free and open to students and the public.
- "Time Management," from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. today in R-151; or from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 14 in R-151.
- "Job Seeking/Applying Online," from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Oct. 10 in M-101.
- "Successful Networking," from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Oct. 24 in R-151.
For information, call (727) 816-3334 or email Jacqueline Eden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRIVE FOR THE KIDS: Representatives from Crystal Automotive will join with parents and teachers for a Drive for the Kids fundraiser to benefit Gulf Coast Academy of Science and Technology and Gulf Coast Middle School, from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the high school, 10444 Tillery Road, Spring Hill, during the school's fall festival.
Community members can earn a $10 contribution for the school from Chrysler by taking a brief test drive in the company's award-winning minivan, the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country as well as eight other vehicles.
Any licensed driver, age 18 or older, may drive for the donation. Crystal Automotive will provide the vehicles and dealership volunteers to answer questions and help with the test drives, and will be making a $500 donation to the cause.
For information, call Kevin O'Connor, Gulf Coast Academy, Gulf Coast Middle School and Gulf Coast Education Foundation chairman, at (352) 238-1658 or the school, at (352) 688-5092.
MULTI-CHAMBER OPEN HOUSE: The Greater Zephyrhills and Dade City Chambers of Commerce will host a multi-chamber open house will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday at Bayfront Health Medical Group Building, 13933 17th St., Dade City, for Dr. Naga "Dr. Thati" Thatimatla, who is certified in fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery, advanced trauma life support, advanced cardiovascular life support and basic life support.
A ribbon-cutting will be held at 5 p.m. in Suite 200. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
RACE TO WORK: CareerSource Pasco-Hernando will host free re-employment community events from 9 a.m. to noon during October to promote efforts in reducing the community's unemployment rate.
- Oct. 15 at Rasmussen College, 8661 Citizens Drive, Suite 300, New Port Richey.
- Oct. 22 at American Legion Post 15, 37745 Church Ave., Dade City.
For information, contact Joyce Headrick at (352) 200-3050 or email@example.com.
* * *
EDUCATING ENTREPRENEURS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting an ongoing series of free business seminars including:
- "Presentation Skills," 10 a.m. to noon today, SMARTstart New Port Richey, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
- "E-Marketing Concepts," 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, SMARTstart Dade City, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103 in the Dade City Business Center.
- "Focused Selling Skills," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
- "E-Marketing Concepts," 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
- "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
- "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
- "Using Excel Software," 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 14, SMARTstart New Port Richey, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
- "Advanced Selling Skills," 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 14, SMARTstart Dade City, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103 in the Dade City Business Center.
- "Building a Plan for a Successful Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
- "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
- "Focused Selling Skills," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
- "How to Really Start Your Own Business," Oct. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
- "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
* * *
Save the date
HARVEST FESTIVAL BUSINESS EXPO: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host the 2014 Harvest Festival Business Expo from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 1 at Zephyr Park, 38116 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
Proceeds will benefit the Samaritan Project of Zephyrhills. The event is free and will feature entertainment, food, games, giveaways and exhibits from churches, businesses and nonprofit organizations.
For additional information, call (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
BUSINESS EXPO: The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce and Saint Leo University will have a 2014 Community and Business Expo from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 13 at Dan Cannon Auditorium on the Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36722 State Road 52, Dade City.
The expo is presented by the Greater Dade City Chamber, Saint Leo University, the Tampa Bay Times and CenterState Bank. The event is free and open to the public. For information, call the chamber at (352) 567-3769.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.