1. AirCINEMA: Bring the family to the new event space at Tampa International Airport between Airsides E and F on level 3 at the airport for a free screening of Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue. The 2013 animated feature includes air racer Dusty (Dane Cook), Blade Ranger (Ed Harris) and Lil’ Dipper (Julie Bowen). Guests are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs. Free. 6 p.m. Saturday. 4100 George J. Bean Parkway, Tampa. (813) 274-8286.
2. First Friday: Celebrate First Friday in downtown St. Petersburg with a free mashup of local music acts, including ska outfit the New Rulers, neo-soul group Ella Jet and Future Soul and folk rockers Steve Connelly and the Lesser Gods. Free. 8 p.m. Friday. Jannus Live, 200 First Ave. N, St. Petersburg.
3. Inglourious Basterds: The Nancy and David Bilheimer Capitol Theatre wraps up its summer movie series with what many critics call Quentin Tarantino’s greatest film. The controversial revisionist history of Germany’s occupation of France puts Allied officer Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) assembling a team of Jewish soldiers to commit acts of retribution against the Nazis. $5; $9 for unlimited fountain drinks and popcorn. There will be a trivia contest for prizes at 6 p.m. Friday, followed by the movie at 7. 405 Cleveland St., Clearwater. (727) 791-7400. rutheckerdhall.com.
4. Florida Game Day: As part of the traveling Smithsonian exhibit "Hometown Teams: How Sports Shape America,” the Sulphur Springs Museum and Heritage Center invites families to take a trip back in time through the games that kids used to play. Throw a spear like Native American kids might have used thousands of years ago, and try out other games that have been popular through Florida’s history. Free. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. The exhibit runs through Sept. 21. 1101 E River Cove St., Tampa. (813) 935-9402. sulphurspringsmuseum.org.
5. Family Nerf Wars: Kids 5 and older can bring a blaster and foam darts to move and dodge as you play new family style Nerf games. Don’t forget to label your blasters and foam darts. Parents are welcome to join in the fun or just hang out and watch. $5. 9-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Community Center, 650 Ninth Ave. S, Safety Harbor. (727) 724-1530. cityofsafetyharbor.com.