1. St. Pete Beach Seafood Festival: Corey Avenue will be filled with vendors selling fresh seafood, as well as vegetarian dishes, desserts and drinks. The music lineup includes the Black Honkeys, Big Night Out, Bryan Spainhower and an Aretha Franklin tribute by CeCe Teneal. Free. Noon Friday through Sunday. 398 Corey Ave., St. Pete Beach.
2. Destination Okeechobee: The audience can vote for their favorite band to perform at the Okeechobee Music Festival. The show will feature Crownz, Grant Lee, Kerry Courtney, the Reality, Rohna and WD-HAN. $5. 7 p.m. Thursday. Jannus Live, 200 First Ave. N, St. Petersburg. (727) 565-0550.
3. Blast Friday: The monthly block party in downtown Clearwater brings a concert by the B Street Band, a Springsteen tribute group. Check out the collection of classic cars on display before the performance. Free. 5:30 p.m. Friday. 400 block of Cleveland Street.
4. Bay Area Horseman’s Association Show: These monthly all-breed open horse shows have been around since the ’70s. This year includes a Western day with ranch riding, obstacle, speed and jumping classes. Free. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Helen Howarth Community Park, 6031 94th Ave. N, Pinellas Park.
5. Astronomy: Two local libraries offer free lessons about neighboring planets followed by an outdoor telescope viewing. 7 p.m. Thursday. Bloomingdale Regional Public Library, 1906 Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico. (813) 273-3652. And 5:30 p.m. Saturday. East Lake Community Library, 4125 East Lake Road S, Palm Harbor. (727) 773-2665.