1. Star gazing: There are two ways to look at the stars this weekend with the help of some powerful telescopes. Each month, MOSI’s SkyWatch lets guests examine a variety of different cosmic objects through the Museum of Science and Industry’s telescopes as astronomers explain what’s up there. This month see Venus continuing to retrograde alongside the Orion Nebula and Pleiades star cluster. In addition, Leo rising east means you might just get a view of the Leo triplets. Free. 6:30 p.m. Saturday. 4801 E Fowler Ave., Tampa. (813) 987-6000. mosi.org. And Stargazing at Starkey invites Pasco astronomers to study the stars in one of the darker parks in the area. Free. 7:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday. J.B. Starkey Wilderness Park, 10550 Wilderness Blvd., New Port Richey. (727) 255-3083.
2. Anti V-Day Block Party: If Valentine’s Day has you grumpy, put on an all-black outfit (“the color of our hearts”) and join the party in front of MacDinton’s and the Yard of Ale in downtown St. Petersburg, where revelers will find $4 anti V-Day shots, a kissing both and prizes. No cover. 4-11 p.m. Friday. 260 First Ave. N, St. Petersburg.
3. Home Runs and History: Baseball great Lou Piniella serves as host and Tampa Mayor Jane Castor throws out the “first pitch” for this festival with team mascots, games, Major League Baseball alumni, music and a high school coaches panel. Free. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Centennial Park Ybor City, 1800 E Eighth Ave., Tampa. (813) 247-1434.
4. Tampa Bay Bridal Show: Bring your wedding to-do list and get help finding a wedding dress, flowers, a venue, DJ, photographer or caterer at this event with more than 100 local vendors. It’s a Tampa Bay Times expo. $5. Noon-4 p.m. Sunday. Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N, St. Petersburg.
5. Sip N Sing Party: Music & Me, the play-based music program for young children, is celebrating its 10th birthday at Cage Brewing with a family sing-along party with craft beer, children’s activities, a pizza truck and music. No cover (food/drink additional). 4-6 p.m. Sunday. 2001 First Ave. S, St. Petersburg. (813) 409-4244.