1. 4-H Strawberry U-Pick: A week before the Florida Strawberry Festival, you can have the pick of the crop and also help out local food banks. Grab a basket and pick your own strawberries for $1 a quart. Or volunteer and join area youth in picking for local food banks. You buy prepicked berries for $1.50 a quart. 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Fancy Farms, 3524 Futch Loop, Plant City. (813) 744-5519.
2. History Comes Alive: Visit with reenactors portraying individuals buried at the Dunedin Cemetery who have contributed to the history of the area, including military personnel, pioneers, politicians and inventors. Includes a children’s interactive contest. $5. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. 2400 Keene Road, Dunedin. (727) 736-1176.
3. Florida Game Con: Bring the family for a day of casual and competitive gaming, cosplay, anime, tabletop gaming, vendors and artists. Free. 2-10 p.m. Saturday. Yuengling Center, 4202 E Fowler Ave., Tampa. (813) 991-9002.
4. Gulfport’s Get Rescued: One of the most popular pet events, the 16th annual pet rescue street fair will have a pet supply drive, wiener dog race, training demonstrations, animal rescues, food and entertainment. Free. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Gulfport Beach Park, 5730 Shore Blvd.
5. Engineering Expo: Students in grades K-12 can meet local engineers and engineering student organizations at this event with hands-on exhibits and shows to encourage them to pursue fields in science and math. Free. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Engineering building, University of South Florida, 4202 E Fowler Ave., Tampa. (813) 974-2301. expo.eng.usf.edu.