What do the smoked pork loin at Plant City restaurant Johnson Barbeque and the gelato sundae from Tampa’s Oggi Pizzeria & Market have in common?
Both are among the dishes showcasing fresh Florida strawberries for a limited time as part of Florida Strawberry Restaurant Month. And they’re not alone.
Four other Tampa Bay eateries — Bulla Gastrobar, Oggi Italian and Noble Crust in Tampa and the St. Petersburg Noble Crust — have partnered with the Florida Strawberry Growers Association to serve strawberry-inflected menu items like arugula salad, chicken cordon bleu and rose sangria through March 15.
Here’s a breakdown of their offerings:
- Bulla Gastrobar: mel y mato (fresh burrata, strawberries, honey, walnuts and orange confit); rose strawberry sangria
- Johnson Barbeque: brisket berry tacos; smoked pork loin with strawberry jalapeno basalmic drizzle; strawberry cobbler; strawberry sweet tea; strawberry lemonade
- Noble Crust: buttermilk creme brulee (“boozy” glazed strawberries, fresh whipped cream and shortbread cookies); strawberry arugula salad (strawberries, goat cheese, candied pecans, red onion, tarragon vinaigrette)
- Oggi Italian: strawberry chicken cordon bleu; strawberry cannoli parfait
- Oggi Pizzeria & Market: strawberry gelato sundae
If you stop by to eat, take a selfie with your dish and post the photo to Instagram, tagging @FlaStrawberries and #2020FlaStrawberry to be entered to win prizes. They include a weekend stay for two at St. Pete Beach’s TradeWinds Island Resort and $300 in gift cards from the participating restaurants.
Visit events.floridastrawberry.org for the full list of rules.