Since the coronavirus all but shut down the live music industry two weeks ago, new concert announcements have been few and far between. That’s not to say there haven’t been new concert dates — they’re just dates that have been postponed and rescheduled from this spring. For the latest on a host of Tampa Bay concerts affected by the coronavirus, click here.
But there have been a few new concerts worth noting:
- Celtic Thunder will return to Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater with a new show dubbed “Ireland” on Dec. 19. Tickets are $45 and up, and should go on sale April 3. Click here.
- Eighties pop act Modern English will perform at the Orpheum in Ybor City on July 10. Tickets are $20 and up. Click here.
- The Improv in Ybor City is shut down until May, but they are still booking new shows, including Aries Spears on Oct. 16-18 and Earthquake on Dec. 4-6.
- Tampa’s Side Splitters Comedy Club, too, is still booking shows by big-name comics, including Todd Barry (Aug. 23), Tom Green (Sept. 17-19), Greg Fitzsimmons (Nov. 19-21) and Mark Normand (Dec. 31-Jan. 2).
- The Mystery Skulls are performing at Crowbar in Ybor City on July 12. Click here.
- Twin Tribes will perform at Crowbar on Sept. 5. Click here.