Whatever happened to the third installment of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure? When has we heard from co-star Keanu Reeves, he and partner Alex Winter were still looking for financing to make the sequel to the surprising 1989 hit.
These days Winter is out on the publicity trail, promoting his Panama Papers documents and – according to Movieweb.com – he can't avoid the "Bill and Ted" questions, so he's not trying to.
"Well, we're in pre-prep and are set to shoot in early 2019. So right now, all systems are go," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "My old line when Blockbuster was in business was that I'd never believe a film was a go until the video was at Blockbuster. But I don't know what to say anymore… Netflix?"
The movie is tentatively titled Bill & Ted Face the Music – an idea that was first floated about a decade ago, giving the team plenty of time to work out the kinks.
"It didn't happen without a lot of work," Winter said. "Most films aren't easy, but a comedy sequel 25 years later wasn't a slam dunk for most studios. While they loved the script it took us time to convince the financiers. And when they came on board they really came on board. And you know, they've had plenty of time to make the script great. The upside of it taking so long is the script is really good!"
TOP 5 MEMORABLE LINES FROM BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE:
5. "How's it going, royal ugly dudes?"
4. "Hello. I'm Dr. Freud, but you may call me Siggy."
3. "This is a dude who, 700 years ago, totally ravaged China, and who, we were told, 2 hours ago, totally ravaged Oshman's Sporting Goods."
2. "Bogus. Heinous. Most non-triumphant. Ah, Ted, don't be dead, dude."
1. "Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K."