- Megan Harding, 28, is a teacher at Fox Hollow Elementary School. She touts her time in the classroom at both district and charter schools as key to her understanding issues that will come before the board.
- Tara O’Connor, 46, is a lawyer in Hudson. She has been an active parent and school volunteer, and has asserted that her broader range of experiences gives her a better perspective on board responsibilities.
- The five-member School Board sets policies and budgets for the 79-school system, which operates a $1.3 billion budget and employs more than 10,000 workers.
WHAT’S AT STAKE
- The winner of this race will be thrust into debates over teacher pay, a proposed school closure and growth management, among other hot-button topics. She will replace the most outspoken member of a board that remains otherwise unchanged.
- O’Connor says she would consider asking voters to increase property tax rates to bolster the district’s revenue for general operations.
- Harding says she would support having the School Board appoint the superintendent, rather than the current countywide election process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO READ
- Pasco School Board candidates focus on experiences, support in campaign to replace retiring incumbent
- Pasco School Board candidate says charter school campaign contribution doesn’t define her
- Pasco employees PAC takes no sides in School Board race
Click here for the Tampa Bay Times voter guide, which will give you a breakdown of many of the 2018 races.
Follow @JeffSolochek for the latest on this race.