The Lightning's on the road for the next week, starting with a game tonight against Buffalo at 7:30 p.m.
It's the 99th game all-time between the Sabres and Lightning. The Sabres will look to improve on their all-time home record of 25-18-5 against Tampa Bay.
When the two teams last met on April 6, the Lightning defeated the Sabres 7-5 in Tampa.
Here's what you need to know about the Sabres:
• As of Monday, Jack Eichel was tied for third in the league with seven multi-point games. Jeff Skinner is tied for 10th with six such games.
• Buffalo has a 5-2-1 home record this season. Those 11 points through eight games are the best home start in up to 10 games since the 2009-10 season.
• Skinner sits second in the NHL with 12 goals as of Monday.
• Buffalo holds the No. 6 spot in the Eastern Conference with 20 points. The Lightning, on the other hand, sits in the No. 1 spot with 25 points.
• The Sabres rank No. 19 in the NHL with 3.06 goals per game. They have also given up 3.06 goals per game, 14th in the NHL.
• Buffalo's power play ranks 18th and the penalty kill ranks 14th.
• Nathan Beaulieu played with Lightning defenseman Mikhail Sergachev and assistant coach Jeff Halpern in Montreal.
What Lightning coach Jon Cooper had to say about the Sabres after Tampa Bay's morning skate: