UPDATE, 8:11: RHP Jose Mujica was an additional addition to the roster, beyond the six previously reported. Mujica, 21, was 14-8, 3.04 ERA in 27 starts between Class-A Charlotte and Double-A Montgomery.
So among those left unprotected and potentially to be selected in the draft were RHP Burch Smith, C Nick Ciuffo, LHPs Kyle Bird and Travis Ott.
The other six additions were Honeywell, Bauers, Castillo, Chirinos, Yarbrough, Williams.
DEVELOPING: Top pitching prospect RHP Brent Honeywell and at least five others are set to be added to the Rays 40-man roster by tonight's 8 p.m. deadline, keeping them from being eligible for the Rule 5 draft.
Honeywell, 22, had a solid season mostly at Triple-A Durham, going 13-9, 3.49 with 172 strikeouts in 136 2/3 innings, sparking conversation about whether he should have been called up at the end of the 2017 season.
Others expected to be called up include:
* 1B/LF Jake Bauers: Sweet-swinging lefty handed moved to Triple-A at 21 years old, hitting .263 with 13 homers, 63 RBIs and a a .779 OPS.
* RHP Diego Castillo: Team's minor-league reliever of the year logged 19 saves between the regular- and post-season at Double-A Montgomery and Durham, striking out 99 over 78 innings, posting a 4-5, 2.76 record overall.
* RHP Yonny Chirinos: Team's minor-league pitcher of the year was 12-5, 2.74 in spending most of the season at Durham, striking out 146 in 180 1/3 innings with only 29 walks.
* OF Justin Williams: Power-hitting lefty acquired from Arizona in the Nov. 2014, had strong season at Montgomery, hitting .301 with 14 homers, 72 RBIs and .853 OPS.
* LHP Ryan Yarbrough: Lakeland native acquired last winter from Seattle had dazzling debut season with Durham, going 13-6, 3.43 striking out 159 in 157 1/3 innings.
With eight open spots, the Rays could add up to two more.
Those expected to be considered, and potentially at risk to be selected by other teams if not, include:
RHP Burch Smith (former big-leaguer finally back from arm issues), RHP Jose Mujica and C Nick Ciuffo.