Advertisement
  1. Breaking News

3 pets dead in Clearwater home fire; woman treated for smoke inhalation

CLEARWATER -- Three pets are dead after a home fire in Clearwater Saturday night.

According to a news release by the City of Clearwater, two cats and one dog died after a blaze at a mobile home at 1298 Teahouse Dr. in the Japanese Garden Mobile Home Park.

The fire started because someone in the home left cooking unattended in the kitchen, the release said.

One woman was taken from the mobile home to Morton Plant Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. The city did not name her in the release.

A fourth pet, a dog, was able to escape the fire.

Contact Kirby Wilson at kwilson@tampabay.com or (727) 893-8793. Follow @kirbywtweets.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement