SMALL BUSINESS GROWTH LEADER AWARD: Pasco Hernando SCORE presented the West Pasco Business Association with the 2018 Small Business Growth Leader Award at a recent luncheon. The West Pasco Business Association's mission is to educate and promote local small businesses so Pasco County can continue to grown. Marie Johnson, WPBA director of operations, and Barry Horvath, chairman of the board, accepted the award. The organization sponsors fundraisers that promotes members and enables donations to local families and charities within the community.
NEW ADDITIONS AT MEDICAL CENTER: Medical Center of Trinity has several new additions:
• The new Senior Behavioral Health program has opened at the Medical Center of Trinity's Behavioral Health Center, 5637 Marine Parkway, New Port Richey. The program is dedicated to helping older adults with mental health concerns receive the skills needed for recovery. It allows seniors to work in partnership with caregivers and hospital staff and clinicians to receive quality care tailored to each individual's needs. To learn more, call toll-free at 1-844-423-4283.
• Advanced robotic-assisted treatment for total knee replacement is now being offered at Medical Center of Trinity. The technology eliminates the need for CT scans or MRIs, and allows the surgeon to perform "virtual" surgery on a digital model before any bone is cut. The technique is being performed by orthopedic surgeon Peter Candelora, MD. Medical Center of Trinity, located at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, is 288-bed all-private room hospital.
GROCERY STORE HAS NEW HOURS: Wright's Natural Market, 5800 Main St., New Port Richey, has announced new Sunday hours that went into effect Jan. 13. It is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. Call the store at (727) 848-5140 or visit the website at wrightsnaturalmarketcom or facebook.com/wrightsnaturalmarket.
CRONIN NAMED TO REGIONAL COUNCIL: Bill Cronin, president/CEO of the Pasco Economic Development Council, has been elected Florida director of the Southern Economic Development Council's board of directors. As the state director, Cronin will serve a two-year term on the board. He took the seat on Jan. 1. Founded in 1946, the Southern Economic Development Council is the oldest and largest regional economic development association in the United States. Cronin will be representing more than 900 economic development professions throughout the southern U.S.
ACES AWARDS: Access Health Care Physicians recently recognized its employees throughout the Tampa Bay area at its Access Celebrates Excellent Service event. The gala affair was attended by nearly 450 employees and family members at Silverthorn Country Club on Dec. 20 in Spring Hill. Winners of the ACES awards were nominated by fellow team members. Each winner was awarded a certificate, trophy and eight hours of paid time off. Winners include: Best Attitude, Kwok Wong; Best Co-Worker, Diane Dearing; Best Skills, Keith Katherina; Dirty Job, Mark Leach; Most Dependable, Marcela Wells; Most Hospitable, Doreen Ruggiero; Most Humble,Paula Roberts; Most Tactful, Bret Harrop; Most Teachable, Ronda Mitchell; Participation, Carolyn Dean; Person of Integrity, Sherry Fyock; Ray of Sunshine, Xilefeny Sabater; Team Player, Justine Wheeler; Unsung Hero, Joanna Gambina; and HIPAA Hero, Natasha Foster.
TUBBY'S Q AND SMOKEHOUSE GRAND OPENING: A two-day grand opening is planned from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Jan. 25 and 26 at the Tubby's Q and Smokehouse at 5740 Seventh St., Zephyrhills, a family-owned barbecue restaurant. There will be free Tubby's Q samples and 10 percent off all menu items. The new restaurant, owned by David "Tubby" Ware, is now open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays, and from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. For information or to view the menu, visit tubbysq.com or go to the Facebook page at facebook.com/TubbysQ/.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, from Jan. 31 through March 28. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at the SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The cost is $295. Registration deadline is 5 p.m. Jan. 28. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, "Aligning Your Company's Core," will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. at two locations: Jan. 23 at the West Pasco Entreprenuer Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey; and Jan. 30 at the Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., #309, Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. Open to start-up and existing businesses. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. For information, call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 5, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Feb. 5, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. Also 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 28, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: Noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Brix 33, 8351 State Road 54, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.