With a week left until the application deadline, five more people have thrown their hats in the ring for the new Florida Polytechnic University Board of Trustees:
- Joshua Keith Brown, from Auburndale
- Robert F. English, from Lakeland
- Robert Owen Kincart, from Lakeland
- Richard Labib Shaheen, from Jupiter
- Jonathan Wade Thompson, from Lakeland
Those, submitted to the Board of Governors, are in addition to four who applied with the BOG's office last week. The university system governing board can appoint five people to the 11-member FPU Board of Trustees.
The Governor's office, which at last count received five applications, can appoint six.
Both entities have called for a "nationwide" response to the search. So far, all the applicants are from Florida, with most of them being from Polk County or areas nearby.