Conan the Barbarian is one of those movies that I'm just SURE is deeper than it looks. Along with Blues Brothers, Scarface and Where the Buffalo Roam, I watch it once a year at the very least. I look for life's truest meanings between the beheadings and maulings. One day I'll figure it all out. That damn "riddle of steel."
Hard to believe it's 30 years old; Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice still sounds practically the same. That's why we chose to honor it in a rare Stuck in the '80s podcast that focuses on a single movie. Much like Arnold, this isn't out best work, but we love it anyway. If for no other reason that we get say "tacos" for no reason a half dozen times. Don't look for the logic in it. Just enjoy. And if you ever get a lead on that whole riddle thing, drop us a line.
TOP 5 NON-CONAN QUOTES IN CONAN THE BARBARIAN:
5. "There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child."
4. "All my life I've been alone. Many times I've faced death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. But I always passed by."
3. "You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants, and my PETS! And that is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake."
2. "He is Conan, Cimmerian, he won't cry, so I cry for him."
1. "Do you want to live forever?"