On Tuesday, former Congressman Ron DeSantis became Governor-Elect Ron DeSantis.
On Wednesday, the work began.
DeSantis announced the team that would lead his transition into the governor's mansion Wednesday afternoon.
- Executive Director Susie Wiles, who chaired DeSantis’ successful campaign
- Deputy Executive Director Scott Parkinson, DeSantis’ former chief of staff
- Congressman Matt Gaetz
- Former Florida House Speaker Richard Corcoran — who initially endorsed DeSantis’ primary opponent early on in the race
- Former U.S. Sen. George LeMieux
- Former Lieutenant Governor Toni Jennings
Gaetz, Corcoran, LeMieux and Jennings will all serve as chairs on the transition team, according to a Wednesday press release.
"I'm confident these individuals will ensure our administration is ready to lead on day one to make our state cleaner, safer and stronger for all Floridians," DeSantis said in a release.