2. /

St. Petersburg City Council member Darden Rice elopes

The likely mayoral candidate announced the news on Facebook.
St. Petersburg City Council member Darden Rice, left, posted on Facebook on Wednesday, May 15, 2019, that she and her partner eloped.
Published May 15

ST. PETERSBURG — Council Member and likely mayoral candidate Darden Rice announced on Facebook on Wednesday that she’s now married.

She and her partner, Eve Epstein, eloped. Rice posted a photograph of the pair on Facebook holding the newly minted marriage record.

Across the top is a banner that says the certificate was issued in Pinellas County on May 15. The time stamp appears to say 4 p.m.

Rice, who could not be reached for comment, wrote that a ceremony and celebration will be held in a few months at the St. Pete Pier, which remains under construction.

The Council Member is a likely 2021 mayoral candidate, and has already started raising money.

Contact Josh Solomon at (813) 909-4613 or jsolomon@tampabay.com. Follow @ByJoshSolomon.

1. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis talks to reporters in Tampa on Aug. 21. Delays in his filling vacancies on the state's five water management district boards have twice led to those agencies canceling meetings to levy taxes and set budgets, which one expert said was unprecedented. OCTAVIO JONES   |   TIMES  |  Times
    Vacancies lead to canceling two agencies’ budget meetings.