2. /

What question should we ask the 2020 Democratic candidates? We want to hear from you.

The first presidential debate is a month away and it’s in Florida. What would you ask?
The presidential election is 18 months away but the first debate is in June. What do you want to hear from the candidates? [MIAMI HERALD]
Published May 22

As of May 22 at 10:13 a.m., there are 23 candidates running to be the Democratic nominee for president. Twenty of those individuals will appear in Miami on June 26 and 27 for the first debates of the election cycle.

In anticipation of their arrival in Florida, we’re wondering: What would you ask the presidential candidates?

Is there a topic that isn’t getting enough coverage? Is there a problem you face every day that needs a national solution? What is happening in Florida that deserves a response from the next Democratic nominee for president?

We’re planning to survey all the candidates before they arrive in the Sunshine State with questions we think are important to Florida residents. Your submission may be included in our survey.

But it won’t stop there. Your questions — and the concerns and issues you raise — will help guide our coverage of the presidential race over the next 18 months.

Fill out the form below with your suggestions. If you have more you want to say, contact the Tampa Bay Times Political Editor Steve Contorno at scontorno@tampabay.com.

1. Tallahassee Mayor and Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum talks with reporters before addressing a group of gay and lesbian Democrats in Tallahassee on Aug. 19. (AP Photo/Brendan Farrington)
    Gillum accused Florida’s Republican governor of “routine” voter suppression.
  2. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis talks to reporters in Tampa on Aug. 21. Delays in his filling vacancies on the state's five water management district boards have twice led to those agencies canceling meetings to levy taxes and set budgets, which one expert said was unprecedented. OCTAVIO JONES   |   TIMES  |  Times
    Vacancies lead to canceling two agencies’ budget meetings.