1. The Incredible Duck Race: Thousands of rubber ducks will flood the Hillsborough River where their adoptive parents will watch them "race" for cash prizes. The Kiwanis Club of Tampa expects some 15,000 ducks to be adopted for $5 apiece. The first three numbered ducks to cross the finish line will win cash prizes. All proceeds go to the Kiwanis Club Foundation. Visit tampaduckrace.com to adopt a duck, or get there at 10 a.m. Racing begins at 11:45 Saturday at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, 600 N Ashley Drive, Tampa.
2. National Dog Day: Every dog has his day when both Caddy's on Central and the Sundial shopping and entertainment plaza invite patrons to bring their dogs to celebrate National Dog Day on Monday. Sundial will have beer samples for people and frozen treats for dogs starting at 5 p.m. as well as live music, photo backdrops and a K-9 demonstration at 153 Second Ave. N, St. Petersburg. Caddy's will have a Yappy Hour and a new doggy menu. Dogs are invited to bring their people starting at 4 p.m. at 217 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. Free, food and drink additional.
3. Train Show: The Regal Railways toy train, hobby and collectible show on Saturday will have vendors selling model trains and other collectibles, and a running train layout for kids to play with. $5, 12 and younger free. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Lopez Hall, 7177 58th St. N, Pinellas Park. regalrailways.com.
4. Indie Flea Pop Up Summer Market: This special summer popup market takes place inside in the blessed air-conditioning at the St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club. Check out more than 60 vendors, play shuffleboard and buy food or cocktails. Free. Noon-4 p.m. Sunday. 559 Mirror Lake Drive N, St. Petersburg.
5. Violinist Andrew Michael Polo: Watch as the artist delivers an eclectic, high-energy performance on his electric violin. He will perform pop, R&B and rock songs. Free. 2 p.m. Saturday. Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road. (727) 861-3040.