1. Free Tuesday at the Glazer Museum: The hands-on museum and the Children's Board of Hillsborough County are presenting this monthly day of free admission. This month, WEDU is bringing along one of its PBS stars, everyone's favorite monkey, Curious George, and his best friend, the Man in the Yellow Hat. Free. Noon-6 p.m. Tuesday. 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa. (813) 443-3861. glazermuseum.org.
2. Disney's Moana: The summer film series at the Nancy and David Bilheimer Capitol Theatre in Clearwater brings the family favorite Moana. The 2016 hit is not only visually stunning, but it has music by Lin-Manuel Miranda and some of the best Disney songs since Frozen, from You're Welcome and How Far I'll Go to the Bowie-esque Shiny, sung by Jemaine Clement. $5, $9 with unlimited soda and popcorn. 3 p.m. Sunday. 405 Cleveland St., Clearwater. (727) 791-7400.
3. Woof, Meow, Chirp and Slither: The animal-themed exhibition running this summer at the Florida CraftArt Galleries has not only tapped the imagination of artists (jeweled cat collars, ceramic dog bowls, sculptures of pets), but it has also added educational programming. This week brings "Ask a Pro" from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, with panels on healthy indoor cats, CBD for dog health and responsible breeders, and an ask-a-vet panel at 4:30. From 5:30 to 6:30 there's a Yappy Hour for pets and their people. Free. Florida CraftArt Galleries, 501 Central Ave., St. Petersburg.
4. First Friday: The Get Downtown monthly block party on Central Avenue in St. Petersburg will have an End of Summer Bash on Friday with live music by the Tempests, giveaways, more than 15 vendors and food and drink specials, with sales to benefit charitable efforts for youth education and children's health. Free. 5:30-9:30 p.m. Friday. Central Avenue, between Second and Third streets.
5. Hose Down: Kids get a chance to play in the spray of a fire hose and take a turn on the fire truck when members of the East Lake Fire Rescue Team grab their hoses to help beat the heat. Towels, bathing suits and swim shoes are recommended. Free. 11 a.m.-noon Thursday. East Lake Fire Rescue Station 57, 3375 Tarpon Lake Blvd., Palm Harbor. (727) 773-2665.