1. Mr. Mosquito Put on his Tuxedo: Hear the story of a dapper mosquito who wore a tuxedo to an insect only ball. Includes a mosquito related craft and discussion on the parts of a mosquito. Free. 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Weedon Island Preserve, 1800 Weedon Drive NE, St. Petersburg. (727) 453-6500.
2. Children's Board Free Tuesday: The hands-on museum and the Children's Board of Hillsborough County join for this event offering free admission from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday. Glazer Children's Museum, 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa. (813) 443-3861. glazermuseum.org.
3. Operation: War Dog: Families — and dogs — can enjoy food, refreshments and activities at this event honoring dogs that have served in the military. Free. 10 a.m. Saturday. Advantage Pet Center, 11510 66th St. N, Largo. (727) 544-2459.
4. Children's Fishing Derby: Children 12 and younger can grab a pole and some bait and try their hand as fishing. Free food available to everyone fishing and prizes awarded in several categories. Free. 8:30 a.m. Saturday. Freedom Lake Park, 7770 52nd St., Pinellas Park. (727) 369-5755.
5. The Family History Story Map: This could end up making a great gift. Learn what a family history story map is and how to plot one for your family. Free. 11 a.m. Saturday. John F. Germany Public Library, 900 N Ashley Drive, Tampa. (813) 273-3652. hcplc.evanced.info.