1. Why Snakes Are Cool: Some of us might need some convincing, so herpetologist and environmental educator George L. Heinrich will discuss Florida snake diversity, natural history, conservation and snake safety. Free. 10 a.m. Saturday. Weedon Island Preserve, 1800 Weedon Drive NE, St. Petersburg. (727) 453-6500.
2. Flick and Float: Two pools in the area welcome you to kick back on a float and watch a movie. Bring a chair or float and $5 at 6:30 p.m. Friday to Southwest Recreation Complex and Pool, 13120 Vonn Road, Largo, for a screening of Bernie the Dolphin. (727) 518-3125. In St. Petersburg, the movie is Captain Underpants. $3, $2 ages 3-12. 7 p.m. Friday. Shore Acres Pool, 4142 Shore Acres Blvd. NE. (727) 893-7752.
3. Family Field Day: This third annual family event hosted by Color Me Abstract includes sack races and relay races, bounce houses, water games, face painting, music, food giveaways and more. Donations for Bright Hopes (a homeless resource organization) and Friends of Joshua's House (a safe haven for abused and neglected children) will be collected, such as nonperishable food, toiletries and new socks . In lieu of entry or parking fee, monetary donations will also be accepted. Free. 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Saturday. Pioneer Florida Museum, 15602 Pioneer Museum Road, Dade City. (813) 586-4769. familyfieldday3.eventbrite.com.
4. Tampa Bay Home Show: Have a honey-do list to complete? You can learn about and buy the latest home products and services from more than 600 exhibits spread across Tropicana Field. Discover the newest design ideas and trends for your home, furniture and garden. Free. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. 1 Tropicana Drive, St. Petersburg. (727) 892-2933. tampabayhomeshows.com.
5. Cult Classics: The Dalí Museum is bringing back its summer series of cult classics. Bring a low lawn chair and dress up for theme. It kicks off Thursday with the dark 1988 comedy Heathers, so pull out your preppiest blazers and go with a clique of gals in contrasting colors. And remember, the girl who wears the scrunchie is the leader of the pack. It's so very. The rest of the series brings Clueless (July 18) and Mean Girls (Aug. 15), so your outfit can be repurposed. Free; food trucks on site. 7 p.m. 1 Dalí Blvd., St. Petersburg. (727) 823-3767.